free hit
counters
It is with a heavy heart 1981 Dry Sump Esprit Possibly For Sale - Page 2 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

It is with a heavy heart 1981 Dry Sump Esprit Possibly For Sale

Dan E

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Ah, that'll be why he's put his booze collection on eBay.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

@Dan E, if you can, buy the Evora and keep both for a few months and then see how you feel. 

I don’t know how many months your build will take but I imagine you will pay in instalments so may be use some of that money or top up with a cheap loan as kimbers says

Looking for my first Lotus - A Giugiaro design Turbo Esprit - Message me if you know of one or considering selling yours

6 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

Have you sold it yet?

If not can you get your finger out, or this thread will be longer than Fabian’s.

Genius! Don’t sell it, rebuild it as a Bond replica and it’ll be like having a different car. Eventually...

• Haha 1

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

8 hours ago, Bling said:

@Dan E, if you can, buy the Evora and keep both for a few months and then see how you feel. 

I don’t know how many months your build will take but I imagine you will pay in instalments so may be use some of that money or top up with a cheap loan as kimbers says

Dan’s so minted he bathes in champagne, so he won’t be needing any loans. 

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM
17 hours ago, JNW3 said:

@Dan EIs this all because you fell over it pissed the other night? Seems a pretty extreme reaction to me TBH

I bet he's fell over the wife pissed many times, but for some reason he ain't sold her yet!  Why victimise the Esprit?

• Haha 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM
13 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

Dan’s so minted he bathes in champagne, so he won’t be needing any loans. 

To be fair Uncle Ian during lockdown it is Prosecco these days, times are hard this end we have even had to stop the refurbishment of the East Wing and basement swimming pool  

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Dan E said:

To be fair Uncle Ian during lockdown it is Prosecco these days, times are hard this end we have even had to stop the refurbishment of the East Wing and basement swimming pool  

Presumably the Kardashians complained about the noise.

Margate Exotics.

On 01/05/2021 at 21:13, Jacques said:

Wise words!

Of course it is.

It is a question of being in love or not.

Edited by Luc

• Gold FFM
On 01/05/2021 at 23:02, Suddabym said:

I’ve owned 2 Evoras and they are epic in every way. Of course they are. And the easiest to live with Lotus yet. And they don’t do little wee’s on the garage floor. And you can hear yourself think, even when you’re going along. The fuel gauge is still completely random, mind. It’s all mod cons. 

But, they’re not a timeless Esprit. And they never will be. 

so theres a thing about any memorabilia, cars / records / pc's / stuff etc etc in that they become collectable as they get older and arguably reach a peak at a certain point and thats when the people "buying" have affordability and nostalgia at the same time !!! so as an example the beatles (b4 my time) what happens when the guys and gals that lived and breathed for the beatles start to pass over to the great disco above ?? arguably prices may start to fall, the same has been said about very early cars in that the nostalgic owners are similarly sadly departing to the grand garage above so although i adore the esprit will my children adore it or will they adore the evora because thats what their dad had ??    

Not all cars become timeless classics. The Esprit, I think, has. The Evora, I do not think, will. Sorry, but I just don’t think it made it. Great car, but not a great car.

Sudders and Dany

• Gold FFM

have to disagree only in that the evora will be a timeless classic to those that wanted and couldnt afford one at the time, such is the case with memorabillia !!! just look at some of the "values" of xr2's 205's etc and i had them in my day but although i glance back with a nostalgic eye id never buy one again, a s3 esprit id buy tommorow yes (just need that cloaking device to enable the wife not to see it) and the recent evora i adore  

• Gold FFM
12 minutes ago, windymiller said:

arguably prices may start to fall,

It’s worth peanuts chap - £20k and thank me later 🤣

Only here once

• Gold FFM
24 minutes ago, windymiller said:

so theres a thing about any memorabilia, cars / records / pc's / stuff etc etc in that they become collectable as they get older and arguably reach a peak at a certain point and thats when the people "buying" have affordability and nostalgia at the same time !!! so as an example the beatles (b4 my time) what happens when the guys and gals that lived and breathed for the beatles start to pass over to the great disco above ?? arguably prices may start to fall, the same has been said about very early cars in that the nostalgic owners are similarly sadly departing to the grand garage above so although i adore the esprit will my children adore it or will they adore the evora because thats what their dad had ??    

actually my dad weirdly bought three brand new austin allegros on the trot and weirdly i dont pine after them !!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

blimey that was yesterday I parked it up the road because of the builders. He won’t be seeing it for a while it is now safely tucked up in mother’s garage 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Wow. No privacy anymore 😮

Looking for my first Lotus - A Giugiaro design Turbo Esprit - Message me if you know of one or considering selling yours

it's parked on a road, no right or expectation of privacy to be fair. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

Agree. I guess its just with Social Media, it is more than the passers by knowing what you are up to !!

Last year, my son and I saw a rather nice Mercedes R129 SL with AMG kit parked up. Within 30 minutes, through social media,  he had found that the guy had bought the car a few hours ago from a dealer about 30 minutes away !

Hope you've come to your senses.  Black Turbo Esprit's are as rare as rocking horse $hit and look utterly superb.  I've only seen 1 once, 20 years ago on Lower Sloane street, looked identical, might be the same car?

Unless you're getting a GTE or a Sport 410 GP Edition, I'd keep that special car.

• Like 2