free hit
counters
It is with a heavy heart 1981 Dry Sump Esprit Possibly For Sale - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

It is with a heavy heart 1981 Dry Sump Esprit Possibly For Sale

Dan E

• Gold FFM

Ok I am struggling to even say this, but life moves on, I am very tentatively thinking about selling my Esprit as most of you know this car is spot on having only ever been looked after by Sparkles or Gerald at GST and rebuilt under the ownership of @Bazza 907.   I had Sparkles go through it last year with a money no object stance which took from memory 4 weeks ( remember he was probably drinking gin for two weeks of that) 

I am looking to buy an Evora, or am I, I don’t know to be honest, my son is devastated. So it’s now out there let’s see what happens 

let me know if anyone is interested, I will most probably change my mind tomorrow. I don’t have the balls to put it in the for sale section ( sorry bibs) that just seems a step to far at the moment 2D5725CA-C49F-4145-BEE7-4B4E6C9F0959.thumb.jpeg.c726ad988532de07d32990ebe830eace.jpeg

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Meme: "NOOOOOO!" - All Templates - Meme-arsenal.com

• Haha 2

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

You never disappoint.

• Like 2

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM
2 minutes ago, Trevsked said:

POA?

Trevor.

Trevor, she is my baby, as you know, of course POA because i need to vet the buyers 🙂 

• Gold FFM

I have seen Danny’s car and it looks fab as is Danny himself 😄

I think Danny just wants a different car to polish !

• Haha 2

Looking for my first Lotus - A Giugiaro design Turbo Esprit - Message me if you know of one or considering selling yours

• Gold FFM
50 minutes ago, Trevsked said:

You do know it’s a car, right? GLWS anyway, Evora’s are fab, you’ll love it I’m sure.

T.

i think so yes, i think i got that

Or, you could say life is too short, move on. You can always buy another but the problem is you probably wouldn’t want to pay the money you’ll be asking for it. If you’re happy to do that then there’s no problem.

T.

• Like 1

I'll get around to it at some point.

• Gold FFM
2 minutes ago, Bazza 907 said:

Whatever makes you happy mate.

Thing is, if you decide you've made a mistake selling it then would you be able to replace it with similar?

No and that is the problem. 

I’m pretty sure you’d get a decent price on Collecting Cars and the benefit of putting your comfortable reserve on it. Should also save a raft of time wasters. 

T.

• Like 1

I'll get around to it at some point.

• Gold FFM

I bought an Evora with the intention of selling the Esprit about 10 years ago, however I still have the Esprit and the Evora was sold about 3 or 4 years ago. I was lucky to be able to have both for a while so not quite the same dilemma, have you driven an Evora?

Good luck.

cheers

-Chris

• Like 2

Dan, of all the cars I have owned I have regretted selling certain ones the most.

- Esprit S4 
- Fiesta XR2 Mk1
- Excel
- Sierra Sapphire Cossy (not strictly sold, more put in a ditch backwards)

For me it is the fact that if, I had kept them all, except the Excel, would be worth a fortune now. And the Excel will get there I think. If I had a lock up or a massive budget I would honestly have kept them all, but the heart wants what the heart wants and when I look out of my window at thes very second I see this and i realise I'm happy with my choices. All except not cleaning that massive bird poop off the window before taking the picture.

GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATM3Zm

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

• Gold FFM

If you are really serious - then I know of a chap looking for a nice S3 - but I’m sure he could be tempted with a turbo.

Only here once

• Gold FFM

I am fairly serious but be warned I could change my mind. The thing is we all know the good ones are only going one way so if I get out chances are I won’t get back in 🤔

I am going to test a 400 next week, which coincides with the builders starting to smash my house to bits. Maybe I like the stress I don’t know 

@LOTUSMAN33 Dave you make a convincing argument I also I really don’t know what it is worth to be honest 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan E said:

I am fairly serious but be warned I could change my mind. The thing is we all know the good ones are only going one way so if I get out chances are I won’t get back in 🤔

Absolutely. And its a gorgeous car and I know you have spent a lot on it.

I know its about budget but you could do what I did. Rather than sell my old car and use the money for the Evora, I borrowed from the bank on a flexi loan which I have just finished paying off early. So technically you could have both?! I don't still have the old car but I do still have the £23k I sold the Exige for AND now an Evora free and clear! Money is very cheap to borrow at present.

• Like 2

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)