free hit
counters
MY '85 TE Headlamp Pod rivet specification - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

MY '85 TE Headlamp Pod rivet specification

• Gold FFM

I need to replace the outboard pivot ball joint on the nearside headlamp pod and see that the rivets are countersunk.

This is the part number for the rivets A075W6090Z, but does anyone know the spec/dimensions of these pop rivets so that I can order some? i only need 4 !!   I can't believe they're £1 each :ouch: (plus VAT and delivery) from usual suspect ....

TIA         

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

If the ball joints are the same as those used on the S4 I've just fitted some myself earlier in the week and I ordered a bag of 3.2mm x 12mm countersunk aluminium pop rivets from this seller on eBay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pop-Rivets-Aluminium-Countersunk-Csk-Open-Blind-Rivets-2-4mm-3mm-3-2mm-4mm-4-8mm-/254271461402?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

Norfolk Mustard S4s #1 :)

• Gold FFM

Thanks @tomcattom  the part number is the same (albeit the replacement for the original listed in the manual)  - appreciate the link to the correct rivets   👍

1 hour ago, lotus-62 said:

I have used M3 bolt/nut (countersunk head and nyloc bolts)  

Interesting solution  @lotus-62  how on earth did you manage to get the nuts on/tightened ? there's virtually no space behind the panel. 🤔

plenty of space just break your arm  (just kidding), I did countersink the steel pivot plate a bit more so the bolts are flush.   I used m3x16 but think 12mm will be ok as well

btw I made a small support at the back from steel just to spread the load on the GRP 1783629851_pivotM3boltnut.jpg.afcecc105e477a23116231764a730303.jpg

• Like 2