free hit
counters
Non-Lotus related Hobbies by Picture Topic - Page 3 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Non-Lotus related Hobbies by Picture Topic

Kimbers

On 30/04/2021 at 07:22, calvan said:

I haven't been playing for a bit over a year due to shutdowns but hope to be back at it in a few months. Could do with the stress relief!

20191210_094754 (2).jpg

My favorite sport too with racing, I'm a goalie. 😛.

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

it's great to find another hockey player on TLF, especially a goalie. We can always use more goalies, even if some people think are a generally a tad eccentric🙃

I usually, but not always, play defence. There a couple of rinks near me that run drop-in hockey so for the past few years I've been playing there instead of in a regular league. It's a good set-up but we never know how many players we have until just before the game - over the last two seasons I have literally played every position except goal. You're welcome to it, my friend.

• Like 1

Mike

'97 V8

'73 Europa TC

'10 Elise SC

Mine is a hockey family, wife and myself have played and officiated internationally, and our two kids are coming along well - daughter off to 6th form next year on a hockey scholarship, and son has just started adult hockey this season - being the youngest adult male player in the club doesn't stop him from regularly being man of the match. Play restarted in the UK a month ago, and apart form the TLF meets, it's the one thing I've missed during the numerous lockdowns we have had.

The only ice is in the drinks afterwards as our hockey is on turf :)

• Like 2

Growing up in Herne Bay where roller hockey was first played, I spent a good few of my teenage years in goal for Herne United based on the Pier Pavilion. Happy, sweaty, sometimes painful days but I could skate backwards and the girls loved that so we always enjoyed the roller discos after playing! 

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

IMG-20200123-182852.jpg

Not my gear on this one but I've been lucky enough to find a goalie I could borrow it from in northern Finland to play a bit when I was away there for work. 

I know about goalies reputation, we are just misunderstood 😁

@calvan Would love to come and play, but I'm in France. That's not the nearest rink 🙃

My parents never bought me the kit, I used to have to go with someone else's 2nd hand (very sweaty) kit that I used to carry there in bin bags. #neglectedmiddlechild!!

• Haha 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

There's a reason why goalkeepers on a hockey tour are forced to share the same room - they can't smell each other.

@rallyesax, I'll go with your earlier comment and say that goalies are merely misunderstood. Although it does take a certain mindset to stand between the pipes while people are firing a frozen-solid disk of vulcanised rubber at you.

To give a nod to the Lotus underpinnings of the forum, I make a point of taking my Europa to hockey once or twice each season. All it takes is cramming a couple of sticks and a large bag of somewhat malodorous equipment into the passenger seat (always on a day that I can keep the windows open). As you can imagine, a Europa attracts a fair bit of attention at a hockey rink. The biggest reaction is usually when I pull regular player sticks out of the car - people see hockey gear being taken out of a car that small and assume that I'm crazy enough to be a goalie 😉 

• Like 2

Mike

'97 V8

'73 Europa TC

'10 Elise SC

Err... :lol:

Evora NA

• Gold FFM

You're in for some serious edumacatin'.

• Confused 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

57 minutes ago, ChrisJ said:

...which would have fallen through if I'd up sticks and left.

Good for you, that was an important project to see through.

And in any event, "upping sticks" is generally frowned upon in hockey regardless of playing surface.

Mike

'97 V8

'73 Europa TC

'10 Elise SC

• Gold FFM

Please. Can someone please explain to me the meaning of spare time. Seems to me spare time is only when I sleep.

• Like 2