Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Emira - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Emira

au-yt

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Def the Evija!

I'd love to see elements like the floating dash and centre binnacle make their way in to the Emira (and future models, too) though! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bee said:

I'd love to see elements like the floating dash and centre binnacle make their way in to the Emira (and future models, too) though! 

Both are almost guaranteed considering how other marques are doing the same, especially for the center console.

If the car is not from the UK or Italy; it's not worth talking about.

Evija centre section is a direct copy of MP4-12C - and why not, it is a brilliant design, sadly binned by McLaren. Cup-holders sit fore of these in 12c - a necessity for marketing but I suspect designers care little. 

Justin 

• Gold FFM
14 hours ago, Bee said:

Spare wheel?

Coat hook?

Boot?

As this is ICE, the last one, is there anyone else that wishes that the engine could have been N-S and really visible like a Ferrari (I know - heresy!) and not E-W and hidden under a cover?

It is always something that I wondered about with Lotus. I understand that E-W allows for a shorter car. Shorter wheelbase = less weight, but I thought that Lotus might have been clever enough to save weight in some way?

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM
11 minutes ago, jep said:

Evija centre section is a direct copy of MP4-12C - and why not, it is a brilliant design, sadly binned by McLaren. Cup-holders sit fore of these in 12c - a necessity for marketing but I suspect designers care little. 

Justin 

Much more open in the Evija though as well as the horizontal dash section itself. More 'inspired by' than 'direct copy' possibly?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

A bit like how McLaren where "inspired" the Evora when setting out build the 12c then.  Either way, both great cars, both great company's and both have superb engineers and designers.

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

• Gold FFM

Was just a thought by me Andy. I am not sure of the timing of design of each car relative to the other so I might be completely wrong. :) 

Evora came first, around the time a bunch of engineers etc left Hethel for Woking. Then came the 12c soon after.  The McLaren really is a Lotus turned up to 11 in my opinion.

Great cars. Drive lovely. Well damped. Both have annoying little niggly problems for many owners lol - whereas the Lotus paint can bubble through osmosis, the McLarens can bubble quickly through corrosion for example.

However, not having a dig at either here and would be delighted have either car.  An MP4/570 would do me just fine. Don't see the point of the bigger cars on UK roads.

Indeed on Saturday, I was waiting at some traffic lights by the V&A in Dundee. Ahead by 1 car and in the left lane was a McLaren 600LT spider in black, with lots of carbon over the back end. It looked huge compared to my Evora.  It also sounded so disappointingly shite when it pulled away. Just lame really.  However, I digress, what really struck was just how big the McLaren looked, long and wide. Not sure I'd want to thread that down some of the roads I take the Evora on.  I am sure the performance of the McLaren would absolutely have blown my Evora to pieces, however, my Evora 410 in Fire Red with all it's carbon looked as though it deserved to be sat next to that black McLaren.

No idea why people buy "look at me cars" and then get them painted to look like a London Cab, to blend in, and to be totally anonymous.

Me, I'd have one in red, white, orange, yellow, bright green, etc. Obviously not each panel painted differently, that'd look worse than the Polo Harlequin! :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

• Gold FFM

I had to google that. Someone made that? Someone actually bought one?

• Like 1

Yes longitudinal engine would be amazing for Emira, something 'old Lotus' would no doubt have considered. Very much doubt we'll see them bother to change the Evora underpinnings that much. Big cost, not enough people care. Cup holders it seems are much more important to buyers.

"old Lotus".... what is that then, move with the times young man it is 2021

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

4 hours ago, ramjet said:

Yup, it was made and some people bought it. No accounting for the sheer stupidity of some folk! But then it was German engineered and made. So for many, that would be all that mattered.

• Gold FFM
49 minutes ago, jimichanga said:

Yes longitudinal engine would be amazing for Emira, something 'old Lotus' would no doubt have considered. Very much doubt we'll see them bother to change the Evora underpinnings that much. Big cost, not enough people care. Cup holders it seems are much more important to buyers.

We know that they are staying with the E-W layout. They have already said that. I don't think it is a matter of 'not bothering' so much as they have a lot of engineering and success with the current mechanics so why wouldn't you keep them?

It was just a wishful thought by me. I have seen other sports/supercars where the ICE engine if viewable and balanced and just looks great. Just a wistful wish.

Unfortunately as I will never be a customer (short of winning lotto)., my opinion matters for naught.

1 minute ago, Beady said:

Same company really, different badge, and it really doesn't look any better on a 20 year younger porsche does it?

• Gold FFM
9 hours ago, ramjet said:

A fantastic idea - I should get the missus one - really easy to colour match when them pesky posts sneak out in car parks 

Only here once

11 hours ago, C8RKH said:

A bit like how McLaren where "inspired" the Evora when setting out build the 12c then.  Either way, both great cars, both great company's and both have superb engineers and designers.

Having sat in the Evija, my immediate thoughts on the dash took me back to the 340r.

lotus_340R_interior.jpg

• Like 2