Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Emira - Page 30 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Emira

au-yt

On 23/07/2021 at 14:05, Evotion said:

Hold on.. What has happened here?!

I thought a few sources said the AMG4 was the 60K and the V6 about 75k+

That Lotus answer could actually have meant to read:

"The starting price for each engine variant has not been confirmed"  It is simply poorly written.

Calm down.. :)

Hello I do have a question will 60K be the same in the USA I have placed a deposit and honestly I love light weight sport cars but there is a new Z06 coming to the USA that sounds like a 458 Italia 

starting at 80k-85k and carbon wheels and hp over 625 will there be an adjustment in pricing in the USA a cayman gts4.0 nicely spec 

I’m hoping my emira will be properly priced based on the spec any thoughts guys ?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
1 hour ago, Al_C said:

Anyone else going for a coloured leather interior?

damn yeah :)  loved the red leather in my 400, so thinking blue car with red leather ….yummy. 

2 hours ago, Bibs said:

This. 

Found my 400 auto as good as the auto in my previous F Type. Will have no qualms choosing for Emira, especially if manual remains noisy at low revs. 

Edited by DJW

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

4 hours ago, Mrandres6935 said:

I’m hoping my emira will be properly priced based on the spec any thoughts guys ?

Hi Andres and welcome. Lotus have a whole company in the USA and they'll be advising the factory on how to price it correctly. Look at Evora GT prices as an example, Lotus of Naples in Florida are currently the largest volume Lotus dealer in the world! 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

5 hours ago, Mrandres6935 said:

Hello I do have a question will 60K be the same in the USA I have placed a deposit and honestly I love light weight sport cars but there is a new Z06 coming to the USA that sounds like a 458 Italia 

starting at 80k-85k and carbon wheels and hp over 625 will there be an adjustment in pricing in the USA a cayman gts4.0 nicely spec 

Too much we don't know at this point. If I was an American and had the money I'd put down a deposit for both and wait for the decision. Though I understand why the Emira and C8 (whichever variant) are cross-shopped they don't really seem to be the same class of car to me though, and in the US it would not surprise me if all-around the C8's are a much better deal price/performance wise.

1 hour ago, Bibs said:

Hi Andres and welcome. Lotus have a whole company in the USA and they'll be advising the factory on how to price it correctly. Look at Evora GT prices as an example, Lotus of Naples in Florida are currently the largest volume Lotus dealer in the world! 

Hello thank you for the information and for welcoming me into the forum That dealership is a bit far for me I have it with a different dealership but I’m in the same state of Florida but I am excited for the Emira it will be a very exotic Not common vehicle especially in the US at the beginning

55 minutes ago, JJ said:

Too much we don't know at this point. If I was an American and had the money I'd put down a deposit for both and wait for the decision. Though I understand why the Emira and C8 (whichever variant) are cross-shopped they don't really seem to be the same class of car to me though, and in the US it would not surprise me if all-around the C8's are a much better deal price/performance wise.

Hello exactly there’s a lot of questions that need to be answered my dealership told me that hopefully by September will get all the information honestly I’m looking forward towards the AMG engine the Corvette may be a better performance to value but The issue especially here in the states is the order list are very long and dealerships are marking up the vehicles up by 5k to 10k The emira will be very unique

• Gold FFM

@Mrandres6935 welcome and hope you find useful info and input here.  I understand several US dealers have said they'll sign agreements with deposit holders not to mark up the MRSP.  You might want to shop around.  I appreciate you have a different setup in the US and cross-state purchases are a bit more complicated but a 5-10k difference might be worth a slightly longer drive.

Thank you Tom I am finding a lot of good information here it is because of all the good information this entire forum has that educated me into getting my deposit into my dealership the mark up I was speaking about was towards the Corvette actually but thanks for letting me know that I will be emailing my dealership and speaking with them and making sure that I get to sign a agreement not to mark out the price is past MSRP on my vehicle 

• Like 1

I hardly see where a Cup version would be much better, not much you can do for the weight, exept expensive carbon parts ... Engine wise, well Lotus stopped at 430 with the v6 in its current form, the 4 pot go get more maybe, but 500, that is a big step ... it will be sharper ok, but they won't have the budget Porsche has for a gt4 or gt3 version ... 

I actually "believe" there will be an Emira GT4 type car in say 2 years time, hard to see it before then. The announcement of Lotus going back to factory backed sports car racing will provide the platform for some interesting aero developments and I can therefore see how a GT4 type road car would be a logical extension of the range.  I think that will be some car.

So, whilst I can't stand Justin, I am a "Belieber"...... Or, should that be a "Bibseiver"?

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

I agree. A very strong chance now. They will, after all, want to monetise the car and later editions are common practice.  It might come a bit later, say 2025, though. They will have learned a lot from the track racing.

It may well be an era defining car and one a lot of us would jump at.  People will start talking about this as soon as they see some racing success. 

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

On 21/07/2021 at 18:18, Simon Bateman said:

I think the Toyota V6 is relatively light for a 6 pot, so the I'm not sure how much less the AMG version with DCT will actually be.

As ever, Google is your friend!

3.5V6 has a dry weight of 163kg and the AMG M139 is 160.5kg dry I believe.  So the engines are remarkably similar in weight really.

However, what I don't know (and where Google has not been my friend) is the weight of the ancillaries and whether they are included (intercoolers, turbos, superchargers, etc).

I suspect the V6 will be 20-30kg heavier when the supercharger and stuff is added in, but it could be nearer to 40-50kg.....  Someone will know.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

If I was having a punt.....I'd say that the M139 weight figure does include the turbos (could be wrong) but I suspect a turbo charged application would be the only configuration used for that engine.

If you think back to the weight gain for the original Evora to the supercharged S model and the fact that the Emira will be charged cooled, I think it won't be lower than 50kg.

• Like 1

Isn't the Merc double clutch box heavier than the manual attached to the V6? If so the difference between the two drive trains overall may not be that great, probably less than the difference between your fuel tank being empty or full. You would need Hamiltonesque abilities to sense that kind of weight difference when driving. 

Don’t forget to consider the extra weight of two full fat Cappuccino’s 🤔Will have to switch to a skinny Macchiato 😉

9 minutes ago, freefall_junkie said:

does kinda remind me of the number of chubby middle aged blokes you see riding around on ultra light high end road bikes. Hauling a kilo of flab uphill takes just as much energy as hauling a kilo of carbon fibre and aluminium

oi, leave me out of it 😂

• Like 1

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

2 hours ago, freefall_junkie said:

Isn't the Merc double clutch box heavier than the manual attached to the V6? If so the difference between the two drive trains overall may not be that great, probably less than the difference between your fuel tank being empty or full. You would need Hamiltonesque abilities to sense that kind of weight difference when driving. 

That's a good point.  The V6 manual would claw back some weight over the AMG auto.

I'm thinking that both engines are similar, add in the weight of the supercharger on the V6 and add in the double clutch auto on the 4 cylinder and there wouldn't appear to be much overall weight difference between them.

Surprised a 3.5 V6 could be so close to a 2.0 four in weight especially given the broad applications of the Toyota/Lexus V6, it wasn’t really intended to be an outright high performance engine, unlike the AMG four. Impressive engine though that AMG, looks set to make a decent amount more torque than the V6, 382bhp and 354lbft being the standard tune numbers. Ford Focus RS made 325lbft from a larger 2.3 turbo four.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/mercedes-amg-unveils-most-powerful-four-pot-engine-ever

• Like 1