Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Emira - Page 32 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Emira

au-yt

One thing I am wondering about with Emira is width… jenson says it’s wide in the article above, comments on a thread on another forum saying that the i8 (which is similar width) is comprised by its width - emira is wider than a 4c !

anyone have experience of a car this wide on B roads and in town ?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It is wide for a low height car, wider than say a 911, but the i8, A M Vantage, Jag F type and Audi R8 are all wider than Emira. Can’t think it’s a problem, low height aside lots of cars actually wider. Just need to make sure you pick a bright colour so that the SUV drivers can see you coming toward them 😳

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Speedluvver said:

One thing I am wondering about with Emira is width… jenson says it’s wide in the article above, comments on a thread on another forum saying that the i8 (which is similar width) is comprised by its width - emira is wider than a 4c !

anyone have experience of a car this wide on B roads and in town ?

Including mirrors the Emira is only fractionally wider than an Evora (less than 2 cm), and narrower than my BMW F31 3 series (198 vs 203cm), which I have never found to be particularly wide.

• Like 1

On 08/08/2021 at 03:36, Al_C said:

So the Radford 62 has been launched with the Toyota V6 producing either 430bhp or 500bhp.  In the Evora and Exige it’s produced 430bhp: The AMG unit produces over 400bhp in Mercs.

i loved my supercharged Evora with its 345bhp but just a little more would be nice. I’ve got a 600bhp car which frankly isn’t needed on the road, but if there is no cost implications I can’t understand why Lotus are going to detune both engines to 360-400bhp in the Emira?

Because they launched the entry models not the top of the line ones. Because Emira is to compete first and foremost with Cayman at a cost. Because the tune of these Radford engine or rather the build of these Radford engine would push the price way up and because the emira UPS is sportcar money for supercar look and feel.

• Like 2

What sparked my interest more is that the Radford has a DCT mated to the V6. The Radford isn't hypercar money, obviously it isn't cheap by any means, but it doesn't look like the kind of car that has a super bespoke gearbox so it must be a off the shelf DCT that was "cheap" to mate to the V6.

I'm sure the answer will be cost but it makes you wonder why Lotus didn't do the same. The market the Emira is aimed at mostly buy automatics and assuming the v6 is going to be the top end model, wouldn't a DCT look a lot better on the spec sheet than the old torque converter?

• Like 1

The most logical gearbox Radford probably sorted is a Getrag unit. The cost to Lotus to mass buying these would have pushed the price of Evora skyward while the Toyota units were known quantities and rather cheap by comparaison.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, jimichanga said:

Who knows maybe the higher power Radford V6s are being developed with Lotus and might end up in an Emira one day but with all this talk of Lotus’s billions they have clearly held back big time on Emira. Probably the only way they could hit the Cayman baiting £60k base price. That has clearly worked a charm despite customers inevitably facing much bigger bill by the time their cars show up, it’s still a ‘£60k car’ according to most on the internet and many of their wives no doubt!

Nail on the head with the wives comment 😁

Future wish list - Exige V6

Ah, where did you hear that?  I might be travelling - bugger.    Ain't missing that!

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

• Gold FFM
On 18/07/2021 at 08:43, j600com said:

Do you think they will do a roadster / spider convertible version? Seen a few mock ups already - I traded my 718 GTS in for a 911 GTS but I’ve just cancelled it, I’m thinking of an Emira but would prefer a soft top (or even both?!)

spacer.png

Welcome to TLF. :welcome:

Rendering looks nice, but it won't happen.

You should duck over to the Introductions area and say hi in there as well. :) 

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Looks great and would sell like hot cakes...   Sean Connery "Never Say Never Again".

Highly unlikely for the trouble involved but it is a way for Lotus to achieve a big leap in sales a couple  years down the line. However, the coupe looks to be selling so well they really might not need to anyway.

Somebody out there might do a cut job but I wouldn't touch that.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

• Gold FFM
On 25/07/2021 at 04:00, Mrandres6935 said:

I will do the tan Inter with blue exterior black pack forged wheels yellow brakes AMG DCT 

Welcome to TLF. :welcome:

I missed spotting that you had joined. I really like the tan interior as well. Looks classy.

You should duck over to the Introductions area and say hi in there as well. :) 

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

160156-car-488-Spider.jpg

Remind you of anything currently?

Actually a Ferrari 488, from 2015.

(Been in trouble about using "wrong thread" - at least I didn't risk  putting this on Emira pictures thread!)

Edited by mdavies

11 minutes ago, jimichanga said:

Watch out the pitchforks are out early this morning! Can’t see how comparison to a Ferrari could be considered an insult to the Emira but don’t forget that according to Mein Kampf it is beyond criticism and comparison.

I think that is a bit harsh. Maybe the issue is the "tone" you have been using when talking about the Emira which is winding people up. I should know, I wind a lot of people on here at times lol.

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

• Gold FFM
22 minutes ago, jimichanga said:

Watch out the pitchforks are out early this morning! Can’t see how comparison to a Ferrari could be considered an insult to the Emira but don’t forget that according to Mein Kampf it is beyond criticism and comparison.

Really?  A Nazi reference?

You're entitled to your opinions, but that is not OK... no matter how tongue in cheek you may feel it is.

• Like 2