Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Emira - Page 34 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Emira

au-yt

Didn't Lotus say it's aiming at the a110/cayman crowd? Certainly as far as specs go it basically seems to be right on par with the S and GTS as far as weight and power go. The a110 and cayman are also mid engined two seaters. I think the 911 is a different kind of car.

Edited by IwantOne

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Most current 911 models sold are more akin to luxury grand tourers. Lots of options and considerable opulence, although that can be said for most of the Porsche range. Never actually come across a bog standard version, typical additions somewhere in the £8/16k range with lots considerably higher. Though I can see a few wanting to take a closer look at the Emira, size may be an issue.

40 minutes ago, IwantOne said:

Didn't Lotus say it's aiming at the a110/cayman crowd? Certainly as far as specs go it basically seems to be right on par with the S and GTS as far as weight and power go. The a110 and cayman are also mid engined two seaters. I think the 911 is a different kind of car.

May well be, just responding to YOU mentioning the 911 tbh!  :ermm::wacko:

22 minutes ago, MJON said:

Though I can see a few wanting to take a closer look at the Emira, size may be an issue.

I thought that was why people bought a Porsche, you know, to make up for it?   

image.jpeg.f3dfe9ac1469db017cbe442b9deae7b8.jpeg

• Haha 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

• Gold FFM

Current new 911 prices from Porsche UK: Base 911 Carrera: £85k up to 4S at £103k, Carrera 4 GTS: £115k, GT3: £128k, Turbo S: £161k.

New 718 Cayman GTS is £65.5k. A well optioned example would be over £80k. Base GT4 is £76.5k & anywhere up to £100k+ fully loaded.

You can reasonably expect to add an average of £15-30k worth of options to the base price for a new 911. Having the right options has a significant impact on resale value.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

I don’t think we will see a Toyota V6 Emira road car with more than the 430bhp

This is my belief also, unfortunately. I'd love to get a 450HP+ GT4 road version if they ever did one and trade in one of the others for iy.

12 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Since the V6 has the charge-cooler, it is clearly at least in 400bhp tune

Matt confirmed it is 416 in my ad-hoc 'interview; at Goodwood.

11 hours ago, freefall_junkie said:

I'm working on the assumption that the V6 FE is going to be £80k+ and anything less is a bonus. 

Me too.  I am expecting to pay £82,500 for the V6 and I still expect to pay less for the i4 , less than 70k, though it is hard to compute. I think £150k for the two is about right overall.

9 hours ago, IwantOne said:

80k puts it in 911 territory. A GTS4.0 with the options that matter is 70k.

It is definitely a direct competitor to the GTS and it might well nick 911 sales from those not needing the two little seats.

9 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I do believe the Emira is more of a 911 competitor but I may be proven wrong.

Umm, nah. It is aimed at the Cayman and other 2 seater coupes. The Emira will nick some 911 sales but the 911 is a different animal to the Cayman in that it has a higher level of kudos and uber aspirational whatever the actual model.  I have not heard a Lotus person mention a 911 but I have heard the word Cayman pass their lips.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

2 hours ago, blindside said:

Current new 911 prices from Porsche UK: Base 911 Carrera: £85k up to 4S at £103k, Carrera 4 GTS: £115k, GT3: £128k, Turbo S: £161k.

New 718 Cayman GTS is £65.5k. A well optioned example would be over £80k. Base GT4 is £76.5k & anywhere up to £100k+ fully loaded.

You can reasonably expect to add an average of £15-30k worth of options to the base price for a new 911. Having the right options has a significant impact on resale value.

A GTS comes with pasm, sport chronos, nice wheels and paint as standard. The only option I would add is a leather interior.

I think Porsche did themselves a huge favor by making people think they need to check a lot of boxes on their endless option list in order to have a "good" car.

• Gold FFM

Porsche are not alone; try specking up a new McLaren or Aston. Strongly suspect it’s the approach that Lotus will be seeking to emulate with the Emira and every other model they introduce in future.  

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

I just went to the Porsche configurator and got confused.

Start at the top and select this option. Go down a few options and then select a certain type of seat. Changes the interior or something else.

I got fed up with it as I started to not remember what I had selected and figured I was going to have set up a car that compromises your original choices.

I am still not really sure why if you choose a certain type of seat, it demands that you change your interior option?

In the end, I just quit. Way too many options. And the price mounted up quickly.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

If Lotus really doesn’t bother with a higher output V6 Emira, but focuses on developing the I4, then history will probably prove that the Launch Edition V6 manual will be the one that is most desired in the long-term. Like the premium demanded now for the manual versions of the AM DB7 & DB9, Audi R8, Ferrari 355/456/430/599/612, Lamborghini Gallardo & Murcielago. Not sure if the same applies to the Porsche GT range.

I know you shouldn’t be buying a car with the next owner in mind and the above would only be relevant to those who keep their Emira for many years, but I think it’s worth mentioning.

Similarly, if an Emira GT4 style road car doesn’t actually come along, this will also help V6 values as it will remain the top dog for many.

7 hours ago, ramjet said:

I just went to the Porsche configurator and got confused.

Start at the top and select this option. Go down a few options and then select a certain type of seat. Changes the interior or something else.

I got fed up with it as I started to not remember what I had selected and figured I was going to have set up a car that compromises your original choices.

I am still not really sure why if you choose a certain type of seat, it demands that you change your interior option?

In the end, I just quit. Way too many options. And the price mounted up quickly.

I know, right! The past 6 years or so I've started configuring a Porsche multiple times and I have never been able to finish it. If it weren't for the configurator-induced choice-stress, I might have actually bought one at some point. Probably not, but maybe.

It's like choosing your girlfriend based on the preferences of your mate! Do you want to drive what you like, or they would like to drive?

• Haha 2

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

22 hours ago, C8RKH said:

For one you'd have needed a life buoy and a long rope

Any port in a storm and all that...... :yes:

Now, back on topic, where's the options info on this damn car, I'm sure some detail were promised in August, or was I dreaming :hope:

• Gold FFM

Delayed a couple of weeks.  UK dealers roadshow starts 21 Sept and info to be released before that.  I suspect the delay is because of all the issues going on in the industry globally with supply chains and costs, plus Lotus having to factor in greater than expected demand and a possible 2nd/3rd shift.  Means it's taking a bit longer to finalise pricing.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TomE said:

I also said if they had an example of each colour at Hethel I’d happily drive there to see them.  

Absolutely. I think those from the US would fly over too. 

If there are to be further delays this might help with then being further down the road of making dealer models. They are obviously not making any customer cars yet, and not for a while.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

Come on do potential customers need to travel to Hethel especially from the US or anywhere in the world or even the UK to see more than the two unfinished cars we have seen so far, one that looks great but is just glued together to give you a vague idea what it could be like or the other one that sounds great but when its comes to production it will obviously not sound the same. All it takes is to show customers some good images of the car professionally taken at the factory or any other location of cars in different configurations, colours, wheels, interior, base spec, first edition. What more are customers going to see when the September tour begins? I sincerely hope it is more than the the only option we have now the dreadful configurator. 

• Love 1

• Gold FFM

I’m now starting to wonder if the dealership tour that’s already been delayed once - is actually going to be cancelled all together - especially in light of recent developments regarding service centres and what’s next to come. And I do wonder if it really needed to be delayed.

• Like 1

Only here once