Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Emira - Page 37 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Emira

au-yt

3 minutes ago, Mctaff said:

I’m going for

57k base i4

67k base V6

75k+ V6 FE depending on how many options are included.

I’m keeping the Cayman S/GTS base price 55/65, but then the GTS already has a good set of options

Our GTS was still £78k☺️. I still think the i4 will be £60k base and the V6 £68k. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
1 hour ago, Washy said:

Our GTS was still £78k☺️. I still think the i4 will be £60k base and the V6 £68k. 

Porsche seem highly qualified in getting people to part with cash for their crazy list of options!

mine is awaiting a build slot @73k but I found most of the options pointless… 

I'm going with...

Base i4 = £59,995

Base V6 = £64.995

FE i4 (with lots of options as std) = £70K

FE V6 (with lots of options as std) = £75K

If I'm anywhere near right then I may wait to spec my own car  :cry: , I really don't want to pay 10 grand for a load of stuff I don't want.

• Like 1

I agree. They have said all along the Emira will start under £60k and I can't see that changing at least for the first few months. 

My best guess for the sweepstakes: £60k for the base i4, £68k for the V6, and plus £12k for FE spec. Nice round £80k for the V6 FE. If true it would look very good value compared to the Evora GT410.

43 minutes ago, Mctaff said:

Porsche seem highly qualified in getting people to part with cash for their crazy list of options!

mine is awaiting a build slot @73k but I found most of the options pointless… 

We haven’t got anything silly on ours really, but when things like climate control and folding mirrors are options things soon start to add up. 

7A8500C9-1000-4316-8710-B363C30770D8.jpeg

Edited by Washy
  • Like 1

Love that spec.

I’m starting to consider other colours for the Emira other than the blue that I thought was a dead cert. Now I’m considering Nimbus Grey and maybe even go balls out for the Yellow. Think the colour choice is always the most difficult option to decide on.

Future wish list - Exige V6

1 hour ago, freefall_junkie said:

I agree. They have said all along the Emira will start under £60k and I can't see that changing at least for the first few months.

We already know the First Editions will cost more, so the initial cars will not be under £60k. The ‘£59k’ non FE base AMG car may not even be available until 2022 by which time everyone will have forgotten or stopped caring.

• Gold FFM

They never said the initial cars would be under £60k, they said the base car would be under £60k.  They also said the first cars to be delivered would be a well-loaded launch edition with a package of options at a discount.  I assume you meant to say 2023 for first base cars, but that won't be the case.

I agree it's a gamble if the people wanting a £60k car are kept waiting, but if they read great reviews of the FE cars they may wait, or buy something else and come back to the Emira.

Plenty of deposit holders are already facing 2023 deliveries regardless of what spec they choose and many seem prepared to wait.  There also appears to be a decent level of interest from people wanting the FE-spec and early own-spec cars.  So Lotus may not be too worried about people being kept waiting if they are only after a bare bones spec.

If the car is good (and it looks like it's going to be) then I really don't think it'll end up selling like hotcakes for 2022 then not sell in 2023 because everyone got tired of waiting and flounced off to Porsche :) 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

I'm with you Tom.  I knew all along that I would want an "early" launch edition car and, being the heretic that I am, am prepared to wait slightly longer for an i4.  As mentioned previously, I've a big trip across Europe planned next year in September.  I would love to have my brand spanking new Emira for then - but if the planets don't align, I'll just slum it in the Evora... First World Problems... sigh! :P

I'm guessing there will be a decent amount of shopping on the LEs, so circa 10K for the privilege is where I'm at (with 20% leeway).

We seem to be all assuming that the "base" car will be the i4, but I can't seem to find a definitive statement on that anywhere.  Either way, a no frills, hand(ish) built sportscar from Lotus at that price point - and I'm with the majority here in that I don't think they'll go back on their word - will be a mighty tempting proposition that should make Lotus a viable alternative for those in the market - however we may feel about this - for something fun that doesn't break you in the process, which is typically (and unfortunately) how many of Lotus' recent offerings have been viewed.

I'm going slightly mad waiting for more information, and would love more engagement from Lotus and the dealers on this - but that level of excitement has to be a good thing, right?

• Like 1

I would expect a power based price hierarchy more than it being based on the number of cylinders, although they could probably charge a premium for a torque limiting manual gearbox 

360bhp i4 has to be base £60K car

so IRO £70K for i4 LE (at a guess)

400bhp v6 at around 70K, pushing that first launch edition v6 to around £80K

Both variants able to go north on price with heritage paint or more power

Until they bring out a 400 horse variant of the i4 it is not really comparing apples with apples, but a manual v6 is easier to sell as a Cayman rival than a paddle shift i4, which sounds more Alpine rival

• Like 1

Sorry yes I meant 2023. The point was that the so called ‘sub£60k’ car might not be seen until 2023 because we’ve been told the 4 cyl won’t be out until mid 2022 all being well. It won’t take many delays to push the first non FE cars to 2023. Lotus only ever mentioned sub £60k as a target price and yes the FE might equate to sub £60k once you’ve factored in all the options included yet it is being taken to be cast in stone and is being robustly defended on here as such. Lots of moving parts with any new car launch, many more issues facing the whole industry this time, not sure what such certainty is based on.

The fact sheet placed next to the blue Emira on the Lotus stand at Goodwood quoted prices starting from <£60k, so that’s where most of the confidence comes from. Not a legal document as such, but a Lotus Cars published figure nonetheless.

• Like 1

I'd love to know how the global supply shortages are affecting the Emira schedule. Lotus do have the clout of Geely behind them, but even the big boys seem to be affected.

2 hours ago, DaveC72 said:

I'm going slightly mad waiting for more information, and would love more engagement from Lotus and the dealers on this - but that level of excitement has to be a good thing, right?

Me too. Still no dates for the roadshow. I am waiting for the email from my dealer along the lines of 'the Emira will be in the showroom tomorrow for one day only' 🙂

Incidentally, one line in the email from Lotus last week stood out to me: 'Our customer care team will be in contact to help guide you through the process' . Does this mean they are cutting out the dealer for the ordering process and we will deal direct with Lotus?

Edited by freefall_junkie

• Gold FFM

Interestingly, if the company I work for's experience is anything to go by, Chinese companies seem to be getting priority with Chinese made components.  Lot's of our Chinese competition getting supply of (battery) cells and (light emitting) diodes over other global manufacturers - even those that manufacture there.  Not sure if this would translate to Lotus, but Geely has to be in a better position than others.

43 minutes ago, freefall_junkie said:

I am waiting for the email from my dealer along the lines of 'the Emira will be in the showroom tomorrow for one day only' 🙂

The email will probably more like.

The Emira was in the showroom yesterday for 1 day only - and you missed it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, freefall_junkie said:

Incidentally, one line in the email from Lotus last week stood out to me: 'Our customer care team will be in contact to help guide you through the process' . Does this mean they are cutting out the dealer for the ordering process and we will deal direct with Lotus?

I have been told that Lotus dealers will now basically only take a commission for selling the Emira and future cars and you will pay for the car directly to Lotus, as you have done for the deposit.

The Lotus dealers will still hand over the car and then deal with the aftersales and servicing etc.

2 hours ago, freefall_junkie said:

' Incidentally, one line in the email from Lotus last week stood out to me: 'Our customer care team will be in contact to help guide you through the process' . Does this mean they are cutting out the dealer for the ordering process and we will deal direct with Lotus?

I was told lotus are trying to persuade people to put full deposits down, and also trying to gauge who needs a test drive before committing

2 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

The email will probably more like.

The Emira was in the showroom yesterday for 1 day only - and you missed it.

Caffyns in Ashford, Kent have the tour booked for Saturday 2nd Oct (deposit holders) and 3rd October (anyone).  Also according to my dealer (car not drugs), there will be an update to the website in the next week or so. 

Edited by aEdMIRA
  • Like 1

• Gold FFM

🏃‍♂️🏃‍♀️

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

But who on earth buys a 4 cylinder F-Type? I remember reading on PH that Jag dealers were pretty much forced to take a couple and that they are very reluctant to take one back in as part-exchange. It might be internet nonsense, but it seems plausible.

• Like 1