Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Emira - Page 38 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Emira

au-yt

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yeah, interesting.

It is in the entry car which will account for a lot of sales.

If the V6 had a great DCT then I imagine a decent amount of people would migrate over to it.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

A lot will be in the pricing too. Did they say anything at any point when final pricing will be known? At the roadshow maybe?

I'm pretty sure it'll be at a dealer near me the one week I'll be out of country... 🤦‍♂️

Edited by JJ

1 minute ago, JJ said:

A lot will be in the pricing too. Did they say anything at any point when final pricing will be known? At the roadshow maybe?

Rumours enough, but no confirmation. We'll just have to wait. Would be great if pricing would be available at the beginning of the road shows, because what's the point of displaying it at the dealers without price settings? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JJ said:

I'm pretty sure it'll be at a dealer near me the one week I'll be out of country... 🤦‍♂️

I was told by a dealer the other day that the configurator will be updated with options and pricing within a couple of weeks

I imagine they are aiming to nail it down before the roadshow, so they can try and get people to commit to a build slot during the roadshow 

That email I got from B&C implied that it will be next week at the latest   - some time before the actual roadshow.

I assume we will see the different pack options.

The million dollar question for me is what else will I need to option on the car, realistically, and will that take it towards £90k.

Yeah I spoke to the dealer a few days ago, so I’m assuming it will be next week too.

I never really understand options lists.

give me a decent internal finish and stereo and I’m good to go! Lights that can pierce the Death Star force field and look round corners feel kind of unnecessary, and handling packs and diffs feel like hubris given my real level of driving ability…

If we are going to be able to spec the car and place an order soon, I am wondering if we are also going to be getting indicative delivery timescales as that could affect the decision for a lot of people on whether to go for an FE or own spec car? I assume Lotus are planning to build a fixed number of FE cars, otherwise it becomes a bit of a circular problem.

2 hours ago, Mctaff said:

and handling packs and diffs feel like hubris given my real level of driving ability…

I'd agree except in the cases where the packs alter the driving dynamics enough to make a real difference to one;s main use.

I suspect this will be true of the options for Lotus.

2 hours ago, freefall_junkie said:

I assume Lotus are planning to build a fixed number of FE cars, otherwise it becomes a bit of a circular problem.

Yes, we know it is either 4500 or 9000 - if they di a second shift which has never been confirmed as far as I know.

I don't think they will know timescales until this next stage of ordering by the early-birds is done. They will then have a better idea of numbers and therefore delays.

If orders pan out then new depositors will ONLY be able to go for the second batch of own-spec cars and that is now 2023.

2 minutes ago, emstan said:

I've actually got a specific date for configurator/pricing reveal from my dealer - 21.09, next Tuesday. Let's see how accurate it's going to be. ;) 

That falls in line with expectations so sounds good to me.

20 minutes ago, Evotion said:

I'd agree except in the cases where the packs alter the driving dynamics enough to make a real difference to one;s main use.

I suspect this will be true of the options for Lotus.

I imagine a lot of you lotus nuts are better drivers than me and hence the options may make more sense! 😕

45 minutes ago, emstan said:

I've actually got a specific date for configurator/pricing reveal from my dealer - 21.09, next Tuesday. Let's see how accurate it's going to be

Is that so it can appear in Autocar when published on Wednesday?

True. None of us really know what will be included on the First Edition run.

Maybe naff all and what looked like an initial bargain might get scary!

The consensus of opinion was that they will be heavily specced and come at an overall discount if bought seperately.

From the options thread it seems most people are keen to lock in some extra options if available.

On 14/09/2021 at 17:58, jimichanga said:

Interesting that 4 cyl engine tends to reduce appeal for Cayman, F Type and presumably Supra buyers yet seems to be equally appealing and in some cases preferable to the V6 for Lotus buyers.

Difference for me is that the Merc engine is generally considered to be a bit of a corker where as the 4 pots in the other cars aren't known for being great in other cars. 

It does all come down to price though, if it's not a huge jump in price then I'd prefer a V6 for the noise alone, I just think than an Emira with a V6 will be out of my justifiable price range so I'm looking at a 4 pot as a good option.

Edited by Del Lardo
  • Like 1

• Gold FFM

I’ve got a 4 pot in my Esprit and it’s a ripper.

Which 4 pots are you talking about?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Ahh. Now I understand what you mean. :thumbup:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Any new owners coming to the brand for the first time be be aware Lotus Cars are getting shocking for warranty and parts lead time (always been poor but getting worse year on year).

I had my first Lotus in 2011 and since had 4 and it’s gotten progressively worse each one (not better).

In 2018 I had an Exige. Long story short Lotus we’re taking so long to sort the warranty claim and ship the part I paid for the part myself (was only £30). They were suggesting the part would be 3 months rendering it unusable.

I should have learnt my lesson but didn’t! Evora warranty claim back from start of August still not sorted as a long lead time. 

For the parts approved will be a few more months.  Ironically I can order today before 4pm and have it here Monday for another source.

Reason for mentioning on this thread is I have literally just cancelled my Emira deposit as a result. Customer services weren’t bothered with my complaint that why should I want 4-6 months for a warranty part if I can order from elsewhere and get it in 48 hours.

Never had such issues with Porsche, VW, Honda or even Lamborghini. Seems to be a Lotus specific trait that they think it’s acceptable for you to wait months for parts (even before COVID was a thing). If you have an issue be prepared for your car to be off the road for months!

Also for those of you coming from Porsche beware Lotus warranty process to be allot more picky when it comes to rejecting claims and can take ages. Ironically back in 2011 were amazing. Defiantly gotten worse year on year.

Edited by rafphillips

Maybe it was more of an individual thing in the past, rather than a lengthy claims process? My gearbox failed out of warranty, but apparently JMG himself approved a free of charge replacement during one of their regular meetings, as long as I covered the labour cost. Would other marques do that? Maybe it’s all changed since Geely took over?

• Like 1

no the problem was around long before Covid suppliers had been holding Lotus to ransom and there were some rumours about Lotus being slow to pay suppliers and worse. Covid of course has made everything worse and most Final Edition buyers have had long delays and apology letters from Lotus but being a last chance to take delivery of a new Elise or Exige most don’t seem to mind too much. One delay I heard of was soft tops which are made in India apparently, I think this is genuine Covid related delay. So much that needs to improve for Lotus to take the leap to volume manufacturer. We can only hope the older cars are supported going forward but I don’t believe this is a priority for Geely.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jimichanga said:

So much that needs to improve for Lotus to take the leap to volume manufacturer.

Nobody can argue with that.

One would hope, and expect, that given their new resources and finances that they recognise the uplift in servicing and maintenance required.

I am one of those hopeful people but I am also one of those new to the marque who are happy to take a risk and not just settle for a German marque with, on average, better infrastructure.

We will see.  We can be sure on one thing. Lotus will be absolutely keen not to bugger this up and their whole brand future depends on it. That is the foundation for my hope.

• Like 1