Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Emira - Page 46 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Emira

au-yt

It's a really stupid way of going about this. Its fine If he wants to sell It but at least take delivery of It then sell on. Or like others have said just cancel..

Of course If he is trying to make a few ££ then surely he needs to take delivery himself.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

If he takes delivery then sellsit on you'll be registered owner number 2. Hmmm, I'd be looking for him to pay me £5k to take it off his hands.

Edited by Bravo73

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

9 hours ago, JCR said:

It's a really stupid way of going about this. Its fine If he wants to sell It but at least take delivery of It then sell on. Or like others have said just cancel..

Of course If he is trying to make a few ££ then surely he needs to take delivery himself.

I think you're missing the point. He can't take delivery of it himself as he doesn't actually have the money to pay for it ! He wants to make a quick buck on the car without actually shelling anything out on it himself, bar the deposit to get in the queue

And this may appeal to someone who has the money and wants a piece of the action

I bet the advertiser isn't even a Lotus lover but has an idea to make himself £££££. Quite clever if it comes off

But would you trust him?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Looks more like a scam to me

I dont believe lotus will register the car in somebody else name -

a few weeks ago I asked about having my deposit registered to a leasing company so I can then purchase via a lease purchase deal through my business (big tax benefits) but lotus refused.

this suggests that you won’t be able to fund via any other third party solutions that require the car to be registered to the finance company (unless the finance company orders it in the first place)

construction and property consultants : My company

1 hour ago, Rambo said:

I think you're missing the point. He can't take delivery of it himself as he doesn't actually have the money to pay for it ! He wants to make a quick buck on the car without actually shelling anything out on it himself, bar the deposit to get in the queue

And this may appeal to someone who has the money and wants a piece of the action

I bet the advertiser isn't even a Lotus lover but has an idea to make himself £££££. Quite clever if it comes off

But would you trust him?

I missed that bit 

Just read the sellers transaction process 😏 Just one word “CHANCER” but prefer my other description “T*AT️“ 🤨

• Gold FFM

The deposit holder will have to pay the full balance 30 days before delivery.

So unless he’s got £70k spare cash for 30 days (£80k OTR less £10k deposit from purchaser) he’ll be trying to get the £70k from the buyer before he physically has the car.  Good luck with that!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TomE said:

The deposit holder will have to pay the full balance 30 days before delivery.

Got to say, although I like what Lotus build and I’m looking forward to my Emira ( don’t mind the wait, have waited longer for some in the past ). I’ve bought more expensive cars and paid never more than 10% deposit, with the full balance paid on collection. 30 days beforehand? Well that’s a new one for me. Most like to ensure the car is delivered with right spec, no faults and no transport damage before they hand over the balance. I’ve always paid up after I’ve inspected it thoroughly with the dealership. This is the one area that I’m less comfortable with. Is it just me? I’ll be watching closely for the experiences of forum members with early deliveries.

47 minutes ago, MJON said:

Got to say, although I like what Lotus build and I’m looking forward to my Emira ( don’t mind the wait, have waited longer for some in the past ). I’ve bought more expensive cars and paid never more than 10% deposit, with the full balance paid on collection. 30 days beforehand? Well that’s a new one for me. Most like to ensure the car is delivered with right spec, no faults and no transport damage before they hand over the balance. I’ve always paid up after I’ve inspected it thoroughly with the dealership. This is the one area that I’m less comfortable with. Is it just me? I’ll be watching closely for the experiences of forum members with early deliveries.

Yes this doesn’t sound correct to me!

Are they going to take my px and leave me without a car for a month??!

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
19 hours ago, Mctaff said:

Yes this doesn’t sound correct to me!

Are they going to take my px and leave me without a car for a month??!

I'm going off what Lotus Customer Care told me when I finalised my order and then confirmed last month when I checked about the process.  Final balance is payable 30 days before delivery.

I didn't ask how PX works as I'm not doing it, but I'd assume the "final balance" would be the part without the PX value.

Whether this is "normal practice" I don't know, it's the new Lotus direct sales model.  It's not a concern for me.  I've bought several cars where I had to send funds a few days beforehand so the receipt of funds could be confirmed before collection.

I think @TomEadvanced settlement of a few days is normal but “30 days” I’ve truly never heard of such. I’m not getting hung up on it but just cannot imagine a potential Lotus buyer being told by a dealer that they have to pay in full one month before delivery. I think it demonstrates that when used to making less than 2000 cars a year, they have little experience in dealing with end customer expectation? Just my observation 😏

I'd read it as contractually bound 30 days out, not give me 80k in exchange for a load of broken promises 30 days out 😡

I've zero idea where the terms and conditions are hiding though - do we actually have any yet?

• Gold FFM

You signed up to T&Cs when you paid first deposit and again when you paid second deposit. 

But because this is the new Lotus direct sales model, you only got to read them on the website when you paid the deposit.  They haven’t been emailed to you and you can’t now see them online. 

Similarly, you’ve got nothing in writing from Lotus confirming what specification they’ve recorded for you.  

Nope you are wrong there.  The terms and conditions so far are around the placing of the deposit to gain a place in a queue.  Specifically the terms explicitly say that lotus do not commit to supply a car.

There is currently no contractual arrangement for lotus to supply any Emiras to any customers. 

We’ll all I can see on the website finance page is this

Place a deposit today and pay the remainder when you take ownership of the vehicle.

I’m not taking ownership of the  vehicle until you give me the keys.

I imagine I’ll get a phone call demanding 70k out of the blue in a few weeks 🤣

“We believe our colour accurate render of 70k is far better than the real thing. We might release some actual cash over the coming months. As a priority bond holder we will keep you informed [yeah, right]”

Edited by Mctaff
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Well, I cannot believe the Emira is only that far ahead. WTF.  

I find that very strange. Just shows how strong the Porsche brand is.  

Check the votes for German IP addresses 😊

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel