Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Emira - Page 12 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Emira

au-yt

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
12 minutes ago, Francisco Franco said:

I’ve got a good feeling about the Emira, and I think it is the first Lotus that will be underpriced as opposed to overpriced.

I agree and the more I see of it, the more I may be willing to settle for the 4 cylinder AMG DCT, which isn't my first choice. Although it will be cheaper to buy and run.

• Like 2

Plan is be competitive with Cayman on price.

I think perhaps carrying over the ‘Camry’ drivetrain might unfairly count against the V6 among pro Porsche journalists and customers but agree Geely’s plan looks like they’re willing to take a hit on sports cars and GT4 racing as they rake it back in with SUVs both Lotus and their Lotus developed Chinese brands.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Looks very much like an Evora. A natural evolution maybe.

or could it just all be a nice slight of hand and that’s a mule

• Like 1

Only here once

Just now, Dobbin145 said:

You get better near real-time images from mars than that. Apparently its from a security camera at Goodwood?

Discussed in another thread as well. looks like Hethel.

• Gold FFM
5 hours ago, Francisco Franco said:

But I for one, will be a little upset that the mixed aroma of fibreglass, petrol and damp will start to become a mere memory of times gone by.

An email to the right company and I'm quite sure that a Chinese company could produce a 'Scratch-n-Sniff' tee shirt for you.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

11 hours ago, LotusFella said:

Look what someone has posted on facebook

C2D2D236-20DC-4E20-999D-48B4C465F70C.jpeg

After all the NDA's in place and the fact that Lotus have successfully kept it quiet with no leaks of pictures so far, I find it hard to beleive they are going to just roll it in/out of a lorry uncovered like that the day before launch.  I do like the look of that, but I'm going to guess this is an Evora they've modernised to throw us off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Gold FFM
1 minute ago, Kier said:

do like the look of that, but I'm going to guess this is an Evora they've modernised to throw us off.

My bets is it’s a mule 👍

not long to go and we will find out.

• Like 2

Only here once

• Gold FFM

The picture is at Hethel not Goodwood, so maybe Lotus thought their security and NDAs would keep it secret, in the same way it’s protected the development cars up to now.

Doesn’t seem like it’s a Lotus leak, so guessing they’ll be annoyed someone has leaked that.  But hey, it’s a poor quality image and we’re only a few hours away from the real thing.  How often are people checking the clock today? ;) 

• Like 2

That blue thing looks $ hite... even if it is very poor quality.

ah,, maybe it IS a car cover, pulled tight, to resemble an Evora.

It will then be pulled off for the reveal.  That must be it.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

49 minutes ago, duncx said:

The strain was becoming overwhelming and I've cracked early - dealer deposit placed :lol:

All those lost years considering another Exige Dunc, and now you placed a deposit on a car you’ve never even seen 😆

• Haha 1