Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Emira - Page 17 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Emira

au-yt

Funny enough was talking about this engine earlier tonight with a Mitsi Guru, he told me that the last Evo engine, although powerful had many flaws, including the liners and that they basically shot themselves in the foot much to Subaru’s pleasure, no opinion, just saying

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
12 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Surprised no one has enquired about the cost of a clutch change yet :)

It's normally the first asked question from someone looking to buy an Evora.

Let’s hope some of that extra weight was soundproofing for the transmission noise for v6 manual box when under load at low revs ;) 

Edited by DJW
  • Like 2

Previously owned :Exige 380,  Exige 350,  Evora 400,  Exige V6S,  Esprit GT3,  2-11 SC,  Evora S,  Elite 501

49 minutes ago, mdavies said:

I was about to ask for opinions of others on that video,  From 2.20 mins Rory is quite specific. Launch first in Spring is the V6 at 360 hp and "under £60K basic".  The i4 at 400 hp comes later.

V6 is straight from the Evora 400/410 but only delivering 360?

Car magazine also quoted spring for V6 at 60k and i4 later in the summer. 

Leading with the lower power car seems an odd choice.

1 hour ago, scotty435 said:

Nice one Duncx, will let you know what it is like in the flesh when I see on Thursday 👍

Can you bring me back a red one please Scotty? :lol:

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, BoostedTrav said:

Emira5.JPG

Emira4.JPG

Emira2.JPG

Emira1.JPG

Love that yellow! Can’t wait to see the car on Thursday, although my wife has threatened me not to take my credit cards!

To hell with it though, life is for living. 😁👍

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
39 minutes ago, Sport220 said:

So, is the claimed weight figure dry, DIN or EU? Very disappointing unless it’s EU (but disappointing still)

Pistonheads reports that is DIN and for the lightest so that will be the AMG motor I guess.

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

By the way, especially in the yellow pictures above, anyone notice how much lower the engine is sited - much lower than the Evora if you look at the view out the back!

That bodes really well for CoG and handling.

It will be electric and lot of fun!

It might be the I4 version, Russell Carr explains in the Carfection video that the I4 engine is largely hidden under a cover

7 minutes ago, TdM said:

Pistonheads reports that is DIN and for the lightest so that will be the AMG motor I guess.

So it is not lightest in class as Matt Windle claimed. Cayman is 1335 kg DIN

Edited by Sport220

Yes it might give the best handling but even not taking the budget question into consideration, in the long run it's a problem when it becomes unavailable. Even the Michelin classic line can't cover everything.

Some interesting comparison with 718 and A110 in the EVO article: https://www.evo.co.uk/lotus/203463/2022-lotus-emira-revealed-all-new-coupe-to-rival-alpine-a110-and-porsche-cayman

Looking forward to the final specs and pricing. They are a bit vague right now to say the least.

7 hours ago, Nathan Pitman said:

I wonder whether there is a lack of room for the 4XX chargecooler. As you say, seems strange to lift a drivetrain in to a new application and lose between 10 and 20% of the power output.

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

to be honest, I'am disappointed by the Emira. Looks good, but

• low weight as former essential Lotus feature with 1.400 kg transformed to the contrary
  • assisted stearing (at least hydraulic)
  • V6 still with the outdated manual gearbox and not available with DSG  

After all it's calming that all the KomoTec power upgrade options can still be applied. I expect the aerodynamic drag to be mch lower than with the Exige (0,45) and therefore I'am curious how the Emira will perform on track.

7 hours ago, Nathan Pitman said:

Car magazine also quoted spring for V6 at 60k and i4 later in the summer. 

Leading with the lower power car seems an odd choice.

The V6 is 394bhp. The i4 is 360bhp

8 hours ago, Nathan Pitman said:

I do believe the V6 is 394/6bhp so the 400 bhp car, the I4 the lower output. But as time goes by I expect to see both uprated.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

• Gold FFM
8 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Some re-writing of history here. Back in the early 2000s, you could buy a Mitsubishi Evo VIII FQ400 with 405 bhp (411 PS) from its 2 litre in line 4 cylinder engine. It’s taken AMG nigh on 20 years to match that.

What are the comparative fuel consumption figures to go along with that as well as torque figures. That might shed some more light on the timeframe?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Way back on page 8 my caricatured “new buyer” of the Emira, after enthusing about its appearance and other visible aspects said: “No, I don’t care what size engine and all that stuff – can’t go fast these days anyway. 

This morning I’m thinking that last night’s launch was aimed directly at him.

The only senior Lotus person who seemed relaxed and confident with their words, though practiced I expect, was the aero designer. Well done him.

Currently no idea if I have any interest in the Emira or not. Like him, now: "I must get on".

Edited by mdavies