Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Emira - Page 35 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Emira

au-yt

For what's it worth: the arrival of the Emira at Belgium dealerships stays the same: September price lists will arrive, end of October / start November they'll have the car for a few days. 

And at this point no one really knows which car is going to displayed, nor do we know if colour samples will be added. This last thing couldn't be to hard to produce, not? 

Edited by Snorkel
  • Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yea I would expect to see decent size paint and fabric colour samples at the dealers. I wouldn’t commit to a colour based on the configurator. 

• Like 1

I'd like a little radio controlled models in all the exact colours!!

I could then play around with them whizzing around the dealer car park making vroom vroom noises and we can see the light on the cars moving.

It sounds silly BUT actually, get a suitable, existing Tamiya chassis, pre-fab one body, make copies, spray them and bang.

😁

• Haha 2

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

We, and even the dealers, do not know this yet.

I suspect it will be a visual only arrangement and exactly the same cars. 🙄

Best case I reckon will be that we can drive one.

[ah, hold on]

Just checked my email. The person may have got this wrong but she says it will be one car, a V6 and in Blue ???

If so then this is a NEW car, will therefore almost certainly will be fully finished and therefore driveable.

I'll believe it when I see it. They would have to do some amazing scheduling to get everyone a chance to drive them in the time they have.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Greg | ValetPro said:

The Emira road show at the dealers. Is this just a visual viewing or do we get to test drive the cars?  In both V6 and i4 engine versions?  

Don't think so, I went to a dealer today, they do not know a lot yet, but I would think that sitting in it is as close you could get to the feel of the car.

• Sad 1

What would be the rationale behind not allowing test drives? The drive sells the car.  

Just thinking of the marquees I have been buying and pursuing over the last several years, I have received invitations to launches/unveilings, which offer a chance to view the cars in a showroom party/food/drink atmosphere to be followed, at a later date, by a test drive.  And, tons of sales. 

Edited by Napoli

28 minutes ago, Napoli said:

What would be the rationale behind not allowing test drives? The drive sells the car.  

They have no agenda, simply that they have not got truly finished cars - at this point.

Yes, it would be a lot better if there were more examples and everyone can drive one. We will see. I believe the tour is mainly aimed at those who have already placed deposits but have not yet seen the car up close.

I fully expect a few totally finished cars to be available by, at least, early 22 so that others can drive them and start leaving new  deposits as per any normal dealer situation.

As a whole new model for a small manufacturer we are really are in the hands of Lotus here and patience is difficult but necessary.

32 minutes ago, Napoli said:

which offer a chance to view the cars in a showroom party/food/drink atmosphere to be followed, at a later date, by a test drive.  And, tons of sales.

Yes, this will happen but only as above but even later in 2022.  Unfortunately for many others I suspect Lotus are in no actual rush as 2022 cars looked to have already been sold/allocated once all the contracts are sorted. We will see. We can only wait.

You seem to have forgot that the motoring press drive and review the latest models from any manufacturer including Lotus long before any potential customer even gets to turn the ignition key, press the start button and there as definitely been no mention of any embargo’s. Will they get to drive the car this year? I very much doubt it given what we have been told so far. If the car is on schedule one would think the motoring press will get there chance to drive the car early next year and hopefully write some great reviews and then not long after that  customers and potential customers will have there opportunity. 

• Gold FFM

Thanks, that helps.  Confirms what I was told in July by Hethel and re-confirmed last week - no customer test drives until Feb, press drives shortly before that.

Before I bought my Evora, I did that:

Still like the idea of testing the Emira the same way, before buying. 😉

I will wait until next year. Try to get one for a test drive back to back with my current car. If it is „better“ for me, than I will buy one if new colours are available. Next possible Lotus for me would be the electric sport car in 2026… my current Evora will certainly also make it until then 😎

Would not give too much for the youtubers and motor press tests.. 😉

• Like 1
For the few who know the difference

On 31/08/2021 at 23:17, LotusAmateur said:

Customers will have time until end-Mar next year to confirm their order without losing their place

Umm. That would surprise me but also delight me. I was expecting to part with 10k or so in the next few weeks.

i'd be surprised if i4 drives are available until May or so.

So, all in all, for those of us who are already 100% keen on an Emira, this adds very little indeed? 😒

You may be right - how that could work is still vague. They could still take the configuration and 10k or so in the next few weeks but give those who want it the option to back out until they have driven the car - may be delayed a few weeks but not fully lose their place. Of course, if you are sure what you want, you could get the V6 early. 

Hopefully it gets clearer in Sep!!

So, September has begun and I'm curious when the pricing lists will be launched. Just a matter of days now, but I wonder if UK, Europe and the rest of the world are receiving them at the same moment. 🧐

I almost made the decision to fly tomorrow evening to the UK for the Concours of Elegance at Hampton to check the Emira IRL on Saturday, but 'la-di-daa'... covid makes it a pain in the *** to enter and leave the UK. Belgium was coloured orange until yesterday, but now it's red, so it's definitely game over for that plan. Sure would be great tough, however the misses thinks otherwise. 😃

• Like 1

Well, I am not bothered what the price will be. Not from a 'ooh, I have loads' point of view - I don't - but we know the range of prices and I am more than comfortable with it.

If there is a shock then that is different but Lotus won't drop a bombshell now.  

What will be annoying if the V6 is the same in £ as it is in $. It is rare but I have seen it happen.

• Gold FFM

Based on what's been said so far, the pinchpoint on "commit to order before you've had a test drive" is only likely to affect people with a very early deposit going for a V6 First Edition.  i4 FEs and own-spec cars won't start being delivered until July onwards, and you'd reasonably expect the last date to confirm your spec and commit to the order would be about 10-12 weeks before that.

I suspect the group with early deposits going for a V6 FE are skewed towards existing Lotus owners and committed fans, so may be less bothered about the test drive.

Yeah, I don't need a test drive to get the V6. I am more than happy to take that risk as I believe the risk is minute and it will be excellent.

Do you really need a test drive ? I have purchased a few new Lotus that i have never driven and never been disappointed. Including my latest Gt410sport will it be better than my latest lotus of course it will, i am sure it will blow it out the park, both the V6 and i4. I now know i have made a massive mistake pulling my early deposit. So now looking to place a deposit again, if any dealership can help me please PM me.

On 02/09/2021 at 17:14, Evotion said:

Umm. That would surprise me but also delight me. I was expecting to part with 10k or so in the next few weeks.

I was given the same info - orders for initial deposit holders open til end of March - by the central lotus team before I put a deposit down back in July 

Great news. I just need to make sure it doesn;t burn a hole in my pocket and I buy another motorcycle in the interim! 🙃

12 hours ago, scotty435 said:

Do you really need a test drive ? I have purchased a few new Lotus that i have never driven and never been disappointed. Including my latest Gt410sport will it be better than my latest lotus of course it will, i am sure it will blow it out the park, both the V6 and i4. I now know i have made a massive mistake pulling my early deposit. So now looking to place a deposit again, if any dealership can help me please PM me.

Scott, put a post on here that you are looking to jump the queue and let it be known you want to have it if anybody earlier drops out. we shouldn't be at the stage where you are expected to pay for it.

Keep an eye out for members mentioning they are pulling out as well.  Good luck.

• Like 1