Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Emira - Page 40 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Emira

au-yt

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
32 minutes ago, jimichanga said:

For my money a better choice to have alongside an Emira than an £85k Exige. 

You may be right!  A V6 manual Emira AND an Evora 410 Sport might just be the ticket. You've got me thinking now.....  But not sure I could forgive myself for going soft lol.

• Haha 2

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

It's individual choice. It's personal circumstances. It's opportunity.

Money no object and only allowed 1 car for life, it wouldn't be an Emira V6 for me but I cannot think of another brand new manual car that will give me what I crave (other than cars in the Porsche stable if I knew a man who knew a man and the Ariel Atom.)

All car drivers have stereotypes, it's human nature and that is why I respect car lovers who have a wide variety, from a Caterham to a RR Cullinan - as they only fit a certain stereotype when they are seen by narrow minded onlookers!

The only people who deserve a car lover's contempt are the ones that base their decision on monthly repayment, insurance premium and locality of the dealer - everyone else, whether they drive a Ferrari 812 or a Fiat Coupe, have my respect.

Apologies for going off topic, just waiting for that damn call or I'm going to my local Vauxhall dealer and buying a Meriva (currently £99 down, £99 a month!)

• Like 1

For those of you who crave lightness

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/caterham/7/356115/caterham-reveals-seven-170-lightest-production-seven-yet

Not my ‘cup of tea’, I’m happy with an overweight Evora or Emira with decent performance, great handling and a fantastic drive 😛

Blimey, that is only 60 Kg more than the Goldwing I rode in the Lake District last year.

440Kg. Wow.  Starting at £23? Is that right? Sounds like a bargain. What is the catch?

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

Ah, you have to build the bloody thing. haha.

I struggle making a sandwich 😃

Forget that then.

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM
3 hours ago, PaulCP said:

For those of you who crave lightness

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/caterham/7/356115/caterham-reveals-seven-170-lightest-production-seven-yet

Not my ‘cup of tea’, I’m happy with an overweight Evora or Emira with decent performance, great handling and a fantastic drive 😛

What markets are available to these cars? The Ariel Atom could not be sold here for the road due to the safety requirements here. I presume that these would not meet the safety requirements here in Australia either.

The USA is a strange one as they seem to have safety requirements for new cars, but once you own a car there you seem to be able to make whatever sort of changes you want and strip the car right down to its bare bones.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Have owned range of Porsche models but never wanted a Cayman. Don’t get me wrong It’s a great car and the front end to the rear of the doors is identical to a Boxster or 911, but that rear end has always looked….Meh! Now compared to the Emira? Well it’s what you are left with on a blind date when your mates quicker than you 😏if I could remember that far back 😖

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Oh dear, EVO already gearing up to find yet another way to write "Porsche is better".

Its current email includes a link to a rave review of the Cayman GT4 2021 - except for 2nd gear being too long, although it's barely said. The piece concludes with:

"Looking ahead, though, the all-new Lotus Emira will stand to be the GT4's biggest threat.................Bring on the twin test." 

That threatened comparison is quite unreasonable: the initial version of the Emira is surely designed to have a different character and be aimed at a different market to the GT4.  Hopefully though a future version will go hard for the GT4's jugular. Something to kick off with is that the kerb weight (unspecified) of the GT4 is 1495 kg.

Gird your loins, Lotus! 

• Like 1

Good spot.   

You are absolutely right and the GT4 is not the actual target of the Emira though, of course, people will still compare the GT4 against, perhaps, the Emira with the Sports Pack and CUP2s as that does shout 'Track'.

I think it is all absolute bollocks anyway. The Emira will sell in decent figures for Lotus and the Caymans will sell in their usual higher numbers. I am not going to lose any sleep over any of this now.

For me, I would have any version of Emira over ANY version of Cayman. Others will be the same. 

Those who prefer a Cayman, great. Super car.  It will be them looking over at the Emira with buyers remorse - never the other way round.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, jonwat said:

Surely depends if 4 seats are important to you or not. If they are, then the Emira is no threat at all!

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

Absolutely - just trying to get readers hooked I guess.

Still, similar money so there might be a tiny percentage who move from buying an M4 to Emira. Can't be many.

Not a bad 2 car garage though.

" It’s also a sensational car to drive."   {M4)

That was not my experience.

"Someone who’s looking for performance won’t even glance at the Lotus over an M4, as the Bimmer will smoke it in a straight line."

??? What a load of rubbish. We don't all to the drag strips.

8 minutes ago, Evotion said:

" It’s also a sensational car to drive."   {M4)

That was not my experience.

"Someone who’s looking for performance won’t even glance at the Lotus over an M4, as the Bimmer will smoke it in a straight line."

??? What a load of rubbish. We don't all to the drag strips.

Even as a bit of a BMW fanboy, I thought the exact same, if that were the case everybody would be driving Tesla’s

Edited by Mickle
  • Like 1

Good point.  People have never really bought a Lotus for straight line speed and still the journos bring it up.

Of course, people love a 0-60 time and the US love a standing quarter. 

There should have been an "average speed around a bend of a specific length and radius" metric which would really sort the men out from the boys and bring some extra smugness to Lotus fans.

• Like 2

I had the V8 M3…. Amazing, but I’d prefer the lotus any day!

4.5s to 60 is plenty for me… I like to drive, not hang on for dear life 😃

• Like 1