Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Emira - Page 45 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Emira

au-yt

• 3 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

in dialogue with lotus customer support - some snippets of info from responses received today:

When can I view a car in FE colours in 'real life? - demo cars to be at dealer late April/ early May 

Will there be an opportunity for PPF at the factory before delivery/collection? - we are in the process of the developing plans around PPF. Information on this will follow in due course.

• Like 2

construction and property consultants : My company

A bit odd that their dates appear to have moved forward about a month since last week, when they told me mid may early June re dealer cars!

I sometimes wonder if the call handlers just make stuff up as they go…

I do hope it’s April/may though, as I’d love to see / drive a real car before my 30 day window arrives.

Edited by Mctaff
  • Like 1

• Gold FFM

It's a lot easier to answer about bringing a date in.

"Things happened quicker than we expected."

"A hurdle that we had cleared itself up."

"We were able to streamline a few processes which save us a lot of time."

It's much harder to answer having to push a date out.

"Umm, well, you know, Covid."

Reasons vs excuses.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

17 hours ago, Mctaff said:

I sometimes wonder if the call handlers just make stuff up as they go…

As it's a new car, the situation with the timescales is fluid and dynamic so it can change on a daily basis. Earlier is no bad thing though, right! :thumbup:

• Like 2

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Bizarre 

It's not showing  up when  viewing  on my mobile,  everything the same as above  but not the 'price from ' line is missing 

610153786_Screenshot_20220330-104557_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.69ff382240667b233097dc57f7f1e2a4.jpg

Edited by marcfair

I have noticed that the cost of my chosen spec has gone up slightly, I think it's the cost of the tracker that's increased?

• Gold FFM

Yes, tracker is up from £469 to £550.  They asked us to lock in a configuration months ago, but apparently didn't lock in the previously-quoted price with Scorpion based on that info.  Deposit T&Cs allow them to vary prices up to order commitment, ie 30 days prior to delivery.

• Thanks 1

On 30/03/2022 at 22:45, TomE said:

Yes, and almost exactly my spec - apart from the silver exhaust finishers and rear badge plus the steering wheel on the wrong side.

What’s wrong with the badge? Or am I just being thick? 

• Gold FFM

Black Pack includes black roof, A-pillars, cantrails, mirror housings, exhaust finishers and rear LOTUS badge.  This car has a mixture, as it has most of the BP elements but has silver (non-BP) finishers and badge. 

The rear looks like this with BP:

CB16F804-28A8-4416-ABEE-DED7655B8571.thumb.jpeg.d3d648661de2353b87919b8fffa9f80e.jpeg

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Would be a bit risky letting this chap have 10k for some months.

If the seller takes delivery and has paid in full for the car and sells it 1 day after could Lotus do anything to prevent this?

I have no issue with the E Bay listing.  It is up to Lotus Cars Ltd if they wish to have a buy back clause at list price or market value ( whichever is lower). If they don't, a purchaser should be free to do as they please. I suspect Lotus Cars are more interested in selling as many as possible, rather than have restrictive contracts. 

I do though find it laughable that anyone pays a premium for any car just to be seen in the latest 'must have'. It happened with Elise S1, the latest Alpine and the ridiculous fever over 911R that saw a £136k list price hit £800k+ ......now £300k or thereabouts, which is still a bizarre premium. Porsche changed their allocation process after that fiasco.

Justin 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Rambo said:

Let's all put in daft offers way under £80k to pi$$ him off 🤣

Or ask him to change the spec/colour then say no..

• Gold FFM
12 hours ago, snowrx said:
Postage:
"Will post to United States"  Hmmm...

Maybe it's just a keyring thingy?

Expensive one though. :getmecoat: 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)