free hit
counters
Wet Trackday Advice please - Trackdays - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Wet Trackday Advice please

C1RVY

Looks like Anglesey Exiges day on Monday will be a rather wet affair. 

I will be out for my first ever wet Trackday in my Exige 380 cup. Any advice on traction settings? Better to leave it in sport - or go for race?

Any thoughts/experience of the pros & cons is appreciated ­čĹŹ­čĆ╝

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Simon, as always I'd say turn everything off and enjoy learning, but I appreciate that's probably not helpful for your first wet day!

Sport can be a useful safety net which allow an appreciable level of slip before coming in like a sledgehammer blow, definitely give it a try, but I think most people find Race quite benign in its operation whilst remaining effective. Probably a good one to start with, but the usual caveat remains that as it 'learns', then expect a couple of bigger slip moments as it finds the limit.

If you have the confidence, I do emplore you to try a couple of laps with everything off, you may be surprised how the car behaves.

• Like 2