free hit
counters
11th july pakenham windmill suffolk - CURRENTLY POSTPONED - Topics - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

11th july pakenham windmill suffolk - CURRENTLY POSTPONED

windymiller

• Gold FFM

so we have a classic car run that has asked for us to provide tea coffee / wee stops on the route, which we are glad to do, but so bearing in mind we have got teas coffees n cake on the go on the 11th of july does any individual or group (suffolk norfolk essex) fancy a run through ?? id be made up to see some lotus owners there !!! let me know if you fancy it ?? pakenhamwindmill.co.uk

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Do you want a group from the Herts/Essex/Cambs group as we'd love a run out for a breakfast meet - or would it be better to do this as a separate event from a classic car run - i.e. the following week? 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

ill have a little chat with rest of family and get back to you, im thinking as were already going to be doing stuff on the 11th it would make sense on that day but just avoid the other groups time slot which i can find out, sadly we wont be able to have the mill open (just in case that would dissapoint) we have a number of health and safety issues to rectify before visitors can once again look round

Alan

Im only down the road.  Ill come over assuming dry weather

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Having chatted with @windymiller

To save you having to sign up to the HEC regional group, can you add your names here if you are going to come so that Alan can know how many to expect. I've added a calendar event to the HEC group - not sure if you will see it.

1. PhilW

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

thanks chris that will help catering, can i ask though if the guy with the green jet could maybe land  nearby as the drive to the mill isnt long enough ? 😬

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM

i know its a way off but we have two car clubs due in the morning and to prevent bottle necks we are suggesting any of you lovely peeps come 12.30 onwards but will re nudge nearer the time

• 4 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

just thinking wudnt it be nice for one of them flying filming thingy things to fly round the windmill and film all those lovely tlf members cars from above ? 😁

Bad timing Windymiller I would love to attend but it's Festival of Speed weekend 😢

• Sad 1

• Gold FFM

sadly today the two classic car groups have notified us that they cannot be issued with a certificate from motorsport uk due to continuing covid restrictions therefore wish to postpone the date till later in the year (when normality may return ?🙄) This means we would be providing catering and bought in hired toilets for half an event which, given it was a charitable event, doesnt make sense, I was so looking forward to seeing a steady stream of lotus cars to the windmill 😑 but i am going have to postpone the 11th of july meet and re schedule when we hear back from the two other groups involved 😒   given we were clashing with goodwood this may enable a few more peeps to come 

rather gutted tho windy

• Bravo73 changed the title to 11th july pakenham windmill suffolk - CURRENTLY POSTPONED