free hit
counters
IPS Gearbox enhancement kit - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IPS Gearbox enhancement kit

Does anyone have experience of this in the UK or know anyone who has???

https://www.boefab.com/products/evora-ips-shift-performance-kit

I picked it up on a post in Facebook where someone has it fitted and is very pleased with it.  Claims to reduce demand-shift times by up to 50%.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

There is a chap in the exiges section tht has done it, didnt make a massive difference I dont think. I thought it was more to reduce slippage (especially in higher output cars) than gear change times? 

• Like 1

@geartox I believe :)

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Theyre an auto box, so in all honestly theyre not rocket science (says me...a sparky 🤣). Youre not going to alter shift times without altering the software which im not sure anyone has done outside lotus. If you goole the asin gearbox there is an interesting article online all about it and its weekness's. one is 'flair' during cold gear change, which is what most aftermarket kits address. The parts arnt expensive but r&d can be.

In my humble view (I have an electro-mechanical background) the mechanicals of the box are the limitation.  In the meantime I have received the following helpful response from KT via Hangar111: 

the improvement is in the main with regard to slip when driven hard on track in the more powerful cars, rather than shift speed.

As such, they don’t think there would be much benefit on an NA car.

A link to the article, which may give you more insight considering your background. Apart from mounting angle of the actuator and maybe the shaft, which geartox replaced, as far as lotus are concerned I believe it is just software difference between the various evora versions. Some say there are internal revisions to the gearbox but Ive never seen anything concrete as to what else was done.

https://gearsmagazine.com/resources/issues/6f8d1_2013-1_all nbg.pdf