free hit
counters
WANTED - Giugiaro Turbo Esprit - Wanted - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

WANTED - Giugiaro Turbo Esprit

Bling

• Gold FFM

Hi all,

You may have seen a few of my posts on the Forum In order to get a wider audience and visibility I though I would also post this here.

I am looking for a well cared for, enthusiast car where it has been treated with knowledgeable care and attention by people who understand the cars and their common foibles - people like you !

My preference is a Giugiaro shape Turbo Esprit.

If you have one you are considering selling now or in the near future, please contact me by private message on this site. You have nothing to lose and may gain an easy sale to a paid up forum member 🙂

Thanks for reading

Looking for my first Lotus - A Giugiaro design Turbo Esprit - Message me if you know of one or considering selling yours

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM
25 minutes ago, DaKa said:

Perhaps not the S3 you prefer, but spotted this today.

Perhaps coilers fitted as pics appears to show the front a little lower than I' d expect.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164817858906?hash=item265fe8f15a:g:cdsAAOSwTAVgeZqx

Thanks. Yes, not quite the car I am looking for. There are a few of these S cars around but not what I am looking for. There seemed to be a really nice and well sorted white one a few weeks ago that is now sold. I am still holding out for a G-design car

Looking for my first Lotus - A Giugiaro design Turbo Esprit - Message me if you know of one or considering selling yours

Looking so nice, I imagine the sledge hammer is for any unwanted guest thinking of taking it for a ride.

😉

That too, every Lotus needs threatening with a hammer from time to time, it’s a language they understand. Also prevents it rolling down the gradient from my garage as I have to pull it out and push it in, need a bigger garage.

• Haha 2

Isn't that just the first world version of the Tanzanian handbrake

1812632741_7210fd05aa.jpg

• Like 1

That Sir is a thing of beauty.....and one of the very first non-Essex Turbo’s if I’m not mistaken. Not seen it before so you must’ve kept well hidden. I’m going to guess at it being a PPW plate? PW’s are the coolest as they’re the ones used in the Bond films. Mine too.....so I’m also guessing it was a Norfolk Motor Co car? Can we see some more photos please.....this beauty needs sharing🙏👍📸

It is indeed a PPW reg, it’s on the dry sump database.

Here are a few more pics.

654A34CF-EA93-45BC-837A-D657D058DB00.jpeg

E6580C79-1D2D-4BF4-AEA2-2C4A8DC01C49.jpeg

341C4ADE-CC66-40B2-B8B5-9BB630C5E4CE.jpeg

752DCCFE-C274-4113-A9D6-C72E12B74049.jpeg

• Love 1

Thanks for posting the extra photos. Nice low miles! Brilliant extra padded seats that only the early ones had. I absolutely love it!👍👍👍 

Is it needing much done to it, to get it back to its very best? Interesting it’s got the later thicker black gearstick I see. The aftermarket sunroof might upset some but, wow it’s a very very early Turbo so exceptions can be made😉

For me on the cosmetics, I would need to change the petrol caps to Calypso. I’ve never seen them in a contrasting colour before...and find an original steering wheel, but other than that!👌😎

Painting the petrol caps is my list of things to do, I’ve replaced the Stevens steering wheel with the Giugiaro wheel shown in the first pic, I have a new Momo Turbo steering wheel to fit but don’t have the crash pad, if anyone knows of one for sale I would be interested.

Leather was faded and cracked when purchased so that has been re-connolised.

EEB70F21-97A5-487E-A4D8-AE6DC5D18DCC.jpeg

134BDD2C-B9D9-4665-89DE-EF247F012CAE.jpeg

• Like 1

Are the black door handles non-standard? I thought silver and black. 🙂

It's getting there......

31 minutes ago, TAR said:

Are the black door handles non-standard? I thought silver and black. 🙂

It appears the very first Turbos, Essex and non-Essex Turbos had black handles...?

292BA0C3-4009-4207-B645-82BD46D54911.png

520F3C9A-A77B-43DE-840C-95B345AE2AD0.jpeg

152E7FD3-B2C1-4320-815F-603A961ADAAB.jpeg

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

err its not funny !!! its a need so and well not an immediate itch, given its taken me 35 years to buy a lotus but well i need another and its what i should of bought many years ago and thats an s3 but id like to restore one so (and i know this is a long long long shot) if and when any one has a hint of one maybe you could think of me ??  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

That is stunning!😎The sunroof is a nice thing to have but I do prefer these personally “look-wise” without a sunroof, especially what will be aftermarket…..but still a beautiful car inside and out with a very period colour-combo. Good luck with the sale👍

Yes I am aware the aftermarket sunroof will upset the purists, I am not a purist as I fitted a Honda K20A engine into a Exige S1, I also fitted a Spyder chassis and Zetec into an Elan +2, notwithstanding that I have glassed in two sunroofs that were hideous, one Elite and one Eclat, simply because they were ugly, badly fitted and leaked.

A sunroof on an Esprit is my preference, it makes the cabin less claustrophobic and brighter, also gives me a bit more headroom, three of my four Esprit have had sunroofs, the only one that didn’t was the Essex for obvious reasons, always found that I had a massive build up of static from my hair brushing the nylon roof.

• Like 1

Bootiful, paintwork & leather look new :thumbup:

For me it was always the red & gold Guigiaro Turbo that was the best looker. Surprised at the black filler caps, thought they all came the same colour as the body?

Cheers,

John W

http://jonwatkins.co.uk