free hit
counters
Where to drive in Hampshire? - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Where to drive in Hampshire?

Hello fellow petrolheads.

I'm borrowing an Elise for the day next week to "try before I buy".

For reasons I won't bore you with, it's going to be from Southampton.

Any recommendations for good roads/areas to take it for a run (obviously not the New Forest!)

Thanks! Chris.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a few of my favourites:

Dual carriageway:
A34 north from M3 juction, drop on to A303 heading west up as far as Amesbury where the dual carriageway runs out. (Note speed cameras on A303 approaching Amesbury)

Single carriageway (mainly straights):
A30 from Micheldever to Firsdown - fast A roads, but not many bends. Slow crawl though Stockbridge High St, otherwise mainly fast and straight. Stop at The Haven (bikers cafe) for a coffee.

Single carriageway (with a few twisty bits):
B3084 from Dunbridge to Thruxton Hill good variety of roads (all single carriageway). If you need more coffee continue east on Thruxton Hill & visit the Jackaroo cafe at the circuit (check opening times). NB There's been some re-surfacing recently on B3084 so check for closures.

A3057 from Stockbridge to Kings Somborne to Timsbury. Good variety of roads, bit difficult to overtake though in places.

Enjoy!

Awesome - thanks Tezzan!

Hi Keith.

You're right - I was. I've been out in a couple (thanks to Hendy Devon/Poole). They are awesome but I felt I might end up in a ditch trying to get the most out of one.

I have a theory (yet to be confirmed) that an Elise might be a bit more like my old Caterham in that you can have a lot of fun without going quite so fast.

Also thinking they might be a better investment as the Emira looks like being more of an Evora replacement.

1 hour ago, exeterjeep said:

I thought you were interested in an Evora, did you get to try one or two?

• Gold FFM

Anywhere along the A272 from Winchester to the south.

If you are picking it up from Southampton then dive up the M3 to the Winnall junction then take the A272 back towards Petersfield and turn off back to Southampton when you feel like it.

Or go from Southampton to Romsey to Winchester through Hursley, then two junctions North on the M3, then as above.