free hit
counters
1990 Turbo SE in NL - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

1990 Turbo SE in NL

JazzyO

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi,

Welcome to the fold. Sounds like a good plan. Good to have a Ferrari man on board. The former owner of that car is on here, too, so you will probably be glad to see some other pictures of your car. 🙂

Looking forward to reading about your impressions and experiences with the car.

Enjoy in good health.

• Like 1

@rudolphwolven is the previous owner :thumbup:

Congratulations, that's been a much loved car and will give you many happy miles and memories :D

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Hoi Onno.

Very, very nice pictures.....!

BTW....what a beast........in acceleration quicker than a Testarossa...and so low......1150 mm !

264 PS and during boost 280 PS for 30 sec's and the airco switched off during that time.

Thanks Ruud - it's been easy to take nice pics this week, the sunsets have been spectacular!

I'm used to quicker cars and in fact she's my lowest BHP car. But it's not about just speed. And she's not exactly slow anyway. Primarily it is about feel, steering, braking, balance. She pulls very nicely, and impresses when on boost. Most impressive is the ride and steering. A true driver's car. I am really bonding. I was watching Harry Metcalfe's video on YouTube again (for the 20th time) this evening and how he describes his 1987 Turbo Esprit I can understand much better now that I've had a couple of hundred miles of Esprit Turbo experience. I love his enthusiasm for his car, and I really understand what he likes about it. Can't wait to take the car on some long holiday trips like he has done.

But as much as it is about driver's feel, it is just as much about styling and I adore looking at this car. I've loved them for over 30 years and it feels special to have her sitting in the courtyard. It's nice when you meet your heroes and they step up to the plate and impress you - that they are what you expected and maybe even more. It was the same with the other cars I own. All special in their own way.

The Maranello was not forgotten about this week, either. :)

IMG_2595.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Onno,

Very to the point and sensitive description about the Esprit feelings.........well done and nice to read...

Beautiful Ferrari, with a fine color....

You are a blessed guy !!!

Kind regards, Ruud

• Like 1

Thanks Ruud, I am indeed very blessed.

Now if I just can get my TVR Griffith 500 project finished after 12 years.... that is also a true driver's car.