free hit
counters
nitron 1 ways, compared with race pack - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

nitron 1 ways, compared with race pack

I'm thinking of getting Nitron 1 ways and would welcome some info from those who have them.

I have the race pack (spring rates apparently 425lb frnt, 580lb rear) and they feel good and a comfy ride on the road but you can feel there a bit soft on track.

I dont do many track days but would like an adjustable set up that can work on road and track. The upgrade seems to be 550lb frnt and 850lb rear for that sort of use(though Hoffmans also offer a 700lb rear).

Any thoughts very welcome.

Martin S

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call Nitron and have a chat. I have one ways on my car and nitron told me that the suspension is no different unit to unit one ways vs others in terms of performance - you just have more adjustment with the 3 ways.

I am not aware of any Lotus supplied ‘race pack’ with anything other than 550/1100 Nitrons (per cup cars, 410, 430 etc) but there seem to be increasing recommendations for 500-500 front / 800-850 rear for road cars that get track use (as opposed to all out track cars) - see Seriously Lotus, Komo-Tec, Nitron’s own ‘fast road’ setup etc 

Thanks Five 50. The race pack was an option on the Exige S using bilsteins and stiffer springs, I am trying to gauge how Nitron 1 ways compare with that set up on road/track.

Martin