free hit
counters
What battery and coolant do i need for my Excel SE - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

What battery and coolant do i need for my Excel SE

• DiMarco changed the title to What battery and coolant do i need for my Excel SE

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

Any battery that fits will do. You might want to get the largest possible if you don't use the car a lot, or go for smaller to keep weight and price down. The manual states 55Ah, so the 60Ah in the link will be fine. If I were you, I'd go to a local shop instead of ordering on the bay though.

Coolant should be G11, usually blue.

Filip

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM

Optima Red Top RTS 3.7 High Cranking AGM Starter Battery – Battery Megastore

I bought one of these. Expensive but discharge much slower, as my Excel was eating standard batteries.

Ideally, fit a trickle charge port for the long term solution. I have not yet done so but the Optima AGM is still working well without trickle charging, 3 years on.

I use the same on my '73 XJ6.

If that does not appeal, LION or HANKOOK brands seem to be value at the moment. EuroCarParts sell LION.

Justin

Thanks guys

For coolant i went to euro and ended up getting some Prestone coolant as i read a post of good things with that coolant so got that. it was that or some triple QX from euro

If the car is not used often it is worth fitting a battery cut-off switch on the negative terminal of the battery to eliminate any external source of discharge. Easy and cheap as chips.

image.thumb.png.832c0e75e9c2630fab3271143d763e1e.png

image.png

Edited by dmottram

16 hours ago, dmottram said:

If the car is not used often it is worth fitting a battery cut-off switch on the negative terminal of the battery to eliminate any external source of discharge. Easy and cheap as chips.

I use these on all my cars except the lotus, and have done so for many years.