free hit
counters
50 years of Mr Men books. What next? - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

50 years of Mr Men books. What next?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Like minds. Surely they are now “Non gender specific person” books. 

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

• Gold FFM

there was some "guy" or shud i say it or they complained about a train announcement as it said good morning ladies gentlemen boys and girls and the train company said sorry 😒

• Confused 1

• Gold FFM
5 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Mr/Little Miss LGBTQ+. Not really sure what this would be about.

EEDD716A-9494-43DB-9FF8-8829DE6B11B5.thumb.jpeg.0f728dbfa59f723acb61eb5e72e7e75a.jpeg

this load of bollocks came through this morning from booking.com. Apparently there’s a training course to help me....... ummmm.....

im beyond help on this matter frankly - I simply couldn’t care less where folks stick their tongues, willys or fannies, be them real or reconstructed, in the privacy of their own bedroom.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Only here once

14 hours ago, windymiller said:

there was some "guy" or shud i say it or they complained about a train announcement as it said good morning ladies gentlemen boys and girls and the train company said sorry 😒

Is it April 1st or something?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

• Gold FFM

Sadly @ramjetits the ridiculous state the UK has found itself in pandering to the fantasy’s of the liberal left wing loonies.

• Like 1

Only here once

So do a favour for the train company and write them a quick suggestion to say "Good morning everyone." Though that may upset the people that identifies themselves as more than one person. Multiple personality people.

"Good morning all"?

"Good morning travellers"?

or just "Good morning." and be done with it.

What scares me is that we used to be around two years behind the USA or the UK for trends. With the world being much more 'in touch' with each other now, it will pop its head up here shortly.

I remember years ago when the feminine thing was gaining traction, they wanted to rename manhole covers to personhole covers. There were some others and one was just stoopid as they wanted to replace the syllable 'man' with 'person', but the 'man' bit had nothing to do with gender. Something like making mandatory into persondatory.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

The antidote to all this is a scientifically proven pill.  It's called a V8.  It can be taken any time of the day or night and it evaporates all this total load of woke bollocks.  Once taken you really don't give a $hit about peoples opinions and you can pollute the countryside too, which is an added bonus.

It's worked so well for me I've got 2. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mark Blanchard said:

.....and you can pollute the countryside too.....

loudly. ;) 

Hmmm. I just thought about my other answer. What happens if the train person says "Good morning" and someone on the train that day identifies as having a 'bad' morning?

• Gold FFM

Yeh, shut down universities because some liberal twats are mouthing off. Remove the ability to educate the next generation of Brits to be able to innovate on the global stage in terms of science, engineering, programming. Consign Britain to a backwater of inability to create value.

Don't let twats with Union Jacks hijack our nation, conflating national pride with an anti-science and anti-education agenda. Address and confront the absurd liberal bias at universities sure, but don't revel in an 'I went to the university of life' excuse for denying the ability for the next generation to better themselves.

An eloquent twat is still a twat.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Isn't Mr Woke aka Owen Jones?

• Like 1

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

• Gold FFM

Its ok @RobinB5 many unis are talking about doing it all online and still charging £9k. That should help stopping folks talking.

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM
27 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Its ok @RobinB5 many unis are talking about doing it all online and still charging £9k. That should help stopping folks talking.

Don't get me started on university fees. Go down the US route and it'll be just another ££ revenue generating opportunity for the universities, acting as if they are commercial organisations. The government should invest in university education as it's an investment in people who would get more well paid jobs that would ultimately result in more tax ££ revenue for the government in the future.

Although we don't like paying taxes, personally I'd be happier with investing in our NHS, military, police, infrastructure etc. via income tax than through a 'point of sale'  tax model.

We all might have different ideas as to what is means to be 'British', but one thing I hope we all agree on is that it shouldn't mean we kowtow to either EU or US economic approaches. 

So what's next? (as per the title)

50 years of Mrs. Woman books. (to be fair)

50 years of Mrs. Men books. (to be PC)

50 years of Mr. Woman books. (to be PC again)

50 years of Mr. & Mrs. books. (to be equal)

50 years of Mrs. & Mr. books. (to be equaler again)

50 years of Ms. books. (Ms. is to Mrs. as ___ is to Mr. ???) (not Miss as its equivalent I presume would be Master)

50 years of LGBTQ+ books. (just don't mention that couple, Noddy & Big Ears from those other books)

50 years of books. (unlikely with everything moving to the digital realm)

50 years of ? (quite possibly not if we keep on stuffing the planet and everything else up) (Could someone please call Greta!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Gold FFM
On 15/05/2021 at 12:45, Barrykearley said:

Sadly @ramjetits the ridiculous state the UK has found itself in pandering to the fantasy’s of the liberal left wing loonies.

Sadly it's not just the UK...

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

20 hours ago, ramjet said:

So what's next? (as per the title)

50 years of Mrs. Woman books. (to be fair)

50 years of Mrs. Men books. (to be PC)

50 years of Mr. Woman books. (to be PC again)

50 years of Mr. & Mrs. books. (to be equal)

50 years of Mrs. & Mr. books. (to be equaler again)

50 years of Ms. books. (Ms. is to Mrs. as ___ is to Mr. ???) (not Miss as its equivalent I presume would be Master)

50 years of LGBTQ+ books. (just don't mention that couple, Noddy & Big Ears from those other books)

50 years of books. (unlikely with everything moving to the digital realm)

50 years of ? (quite possibly not if we keep on stuffing the planet and everything else up) (Could someone please call Greta!)

I'm just watching our News here and all I can say is:

"YOU READ IT HERE FIRST!!!!!"