Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora door latch needed - Wanted - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora door latch needed

Jason Trevor

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

There is a thread about latches - may be worth a read.

https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/86721-window-fault-by-door-latch-micro-switch/

It is worth removing the the door card and spraying the latch with WD40 this did the fix on my NA. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Well got latch working with electrical contact cleaner for a few weeks and now its not working again , desperate to find a replacement out there.  Evora 2010 passenger side door latch part no - B132B4169J any leads please ?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@Jason Trevor I've been looking for well over a year too, so buckle in for a fun ride! I've not been able to lock my car for as long as I can remember, but fortunately it has an immobiliser and nothing of value inside so so far hasn't been an issue. I do get a lot of wind noise on the motorway with the window always slightly open though. It's been very frustrating, and the only black mark on my ownership over 3 years.

Does Lotus ever read the forums? And if they do, when will they finally take action over the bloody back order issues and delays to parts?  It's such a joke it is no longer a joke. The time for action is well over due.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

I got mine to work again spraying loads of electrical contact cleaner in there , so now the door remains permanently shut passengers climb over the drivers seat ya gotta be supple. Still need a latch though.

Shame it's not worth giving Lotus a call and they can't get their act together on spares.

Edited by Bravo73

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

On 18/10/2021 at 15:19, Bibs said:

@Jason Trevor, might be worth giving Central Lotus a call?

Hi Bibs I called every uk dealer and even Lotus HQ themselves had a lady there who was something to do with Lotus Europe trying to find one in Europe with no luck arghhhhhhhh! ha ha 

This needs sorting or all the investment put into the Emira will have been a waste of time !!! 

Once the Emira is out on the roads then it doesn’t want to get a reputation for difficult/impossible to source spares.

Excuse my lack of knowledge but is the latch a very specific lotus manufactured item or is made in China that could be found in another car ? 
it sounds after all this time that’s there’s not a single latch left in the world ? 
can the part be made of these 3D printing things ? 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Cdm2018 said:

it sounds after all this time that’s there’s not a single latch left in the world ? 

It's not just this part, there are many on a regular basis.

Is it possible to swap from the original door locks to the inteva ones that are in current use as the're such a pita to source ?

• 4 weeks later...

Rms Romford replaced my drivers side last year and my passenger side door latch has started to play up. I guess I’m lucky to have found and bought one a few months back from Roco at south west lotus, sprayed the  old one and it worked for a few weeks, surprise surprise it’s now packed up, I’m going to have a go at fitting it, hopefully there is a thread on Here to follow!! 

• 2 weeks later...

Very lucky indeed! I had a source who claimed they could get hold of one from the US, but unfortunately they've stopped responding to my emails now, so guess they can't! Still no luck from any of the UK dealers unfortunately. I would pull the fuse and lock the window closed, but I regularly take my son to nursery and classes so need to use the door. 

This is just such a piss poor showing from Lotus. I am stunned that they have not resolved this issue given the time, and no, COVID is not an acceptable excuse. Just shockingly poor after sales service.

Edited by Bravo73