free hit
counters
Evora door latch needed - Page 2 - Wanted - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora door latch needed

Jason Trevor

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Has anyone tried to source the door latch as the full latch install kit?  They use different part #'s than the latches alone.

For the early cars with the door sill button (NON-Inteva), Lotus sells kits that include the latch, door curtain, interior cable release, fasteners, clips, new sill button, and even the release handle setting tool.  The kit was for TSB 2011/26 for door latches. Although, I cannot find any documentation on this TSB.

The kits don't show up in the online search unless you enter in the part number. I inquired if they were a proper fit for my 2011 car WITH DOOR SILL BUTTON and my Lotus dealer originally did not know. He inquired with Lotus, and then obtained a kit from them to visually check and verified they are for the door sill button cars.

This is the part numbers for the kits:

Evora Door latch kit A132B4320S RH

Evora Door latch kit A132B4319S LH

I did note that the latch part # listed in the kit as shown below (for example, they show the left hand latch as C132B4151F) is a different part # then the latch by itself. But, the kit includes the sill button. So, they should work according to my dealer.

However, you may want to verify for yourself that it is the same if you go this route.

latch kits.jpg

door latch kits.jpg

• Thanks 1

LHS Out of stock

RHS 1 in stock

I can source that one from the factory if anyone is interested, RRP is £219.51.

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

23 hours ago, C8RKH said:

This is just such a piss poor showing from Lotus. I am stunned that they have not resolved this issue given the time, and no, COVID is not an acceptable excuse. Just shockingly poor after sales service.

Well, I contacted Lotus customer care again, and have just been told that they're expecting a delivery of the door latches in mid-January. I'm not going to hold my breath, but there may be light at the end of the tunnel.

13 hours ago, Bibs said:

LHS Out of stock

RHS 1 in stock

I can source that one from the factory if anyone is interested, RRP is £219.51.

Unfortunately I'm after a LHS lock, which seems to be the more common one to fail, or at least harder to get hold of.

• Gold FFM
9 minutes ago, Relic222 said:

Well, I contacted Lotus customer care again, and have just been told that they're expecting a delivery of the door latches in mid-January. I'm not going to hold my breath, but there may be light at the end of the tunnel.

I am seriously considering buying two, one for each side, just to keep in the garage for the duration of my Evora ownership. The crystal ball is telling me these could be as rare as albino rocking horse shit in the future, so probably a better investment than gold or silver lol....

• Like 2

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Lotus should work to either redesign and improve, or switch to an alternate manufacturer and make swapping them out a "recall". They won't of course do anything, and may, just may, finally get the supply of replacements sorted but don't hold your breath.

• Haha 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

B&C have for 410's and 400's

ITEM PART NO. DESCRIPTION NOTES QTY ON CAR CONDITION PRICE QTY
01 A132B6101F Door Latch LH - 1 NEW £43.28
01a A132B6100F Door Latch RH - 1 NEW £43.28
  • Like 1

Does anyone want a rhd driver's one was that replaced? - maybe it can be made good by someone who has the time/inclination/knowledge/ patience.......

Dave.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks as though I have the same micro switch issue… pictogram shows the passenger door is open, when it’s not, and though giving the door a bit of pressure to get the window to lift so I could lock it was working… it’s not anymore!

discovered when my battery was flat!  Luckily the release cable worked perfectly and I’ve been able to charge the battery (and then disconnect it again to save another complete discharge).

so, as it appears that there are no parts currently available (I do hope the January estimate is correct!), has anyone found a solution that persuades the car that the door is closed and so allows the car to be locked with the interior lights off?

is disconnecting the microswitch possible/ would it help?

thanks!

(edited to add that it’s a 2010 car, so is the older latch type)

Edited by Markindevon
Added details

• Gold FFM

If you’ve had a flat battery try resetting it. From memory (some time ago) wind it all the way down, hold down button for 5 seconds or so. Wind up hold up for similar time after it is up. It’s detailed in the manual.

Only here once

@windymiller and @Barrykearley Thanks both, no, it's not a window re-set issue but the door thinks it's open when it's actually mechanically closed and so the window doesn't do that last little lift up.  It's not the window lift that's the issue really... it's the fact that the car thinks that the door is open and so the interior lights stay on all the time even when the key is out (and so drain the battery) - and that the fob won't then lock the car or set the alarm - which means that, though I can still drive it, I can't actually leave it anywhere as it won't lock.

(OK, I can lock it by the key hole in the passenger door and through holding the handle when closing the driver's door... but the interior lights stay on and so if I left it too long, I'd come back to a flat battery!) - and would have to disconnect the battery when I park up at home, which is a faff!

Given that the parts for the handle seem unavailable (I'm talking to Hendy's about getting this fixed of course), I was hoping there would be a work-around to make the car think the door is closed...

Yes, all seems solid.

If I use a tool to 'lock' the door when it's open, the window doesn't do that final pop up that it used to do... There is a bit of movement in the latch mechanism and it used to be the case that if you pressed the latch and used up that slack, that would trigger the window to pop up (hence the car thought that the door is closed) - that does not now work... I think the microswitch has failed.

Yes, I did that but the car unfortunately (!) has the interior courtesy lighting (or whatever it’s called - the lights in the footwell / under the door handles)… I’ll have to check the fuses to see if I can kill them!

thanks!!

OK, I've pulled fuse 12 to switch off the interior lighting and am closing the car through the 'push the button and hold the handle when closing the door' trick.  There's been no battery drain overnight and so, though it's a clunky solution, I reckon this will be do-able until replacement parts are available... just hope that's soon!  Am going to pop in to Hendy's next week for them to take a look as their new technician, Gary, has just started - apparently has 10 years Lotus experience from their Poole branch so hopefully he's seen this issue before. 

• Like 2

I also contacted Lotus Silverstone on Wednesday and was told mid-late Jan, so fingers crossed. I dug out the old email thread, which is now over a year in the running. Hopefully it can be put to rest once and for all and I can actually lock my car again! 

• Like 2