free hit
counters
410/430 slatted engine cover and weather? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

410/430 slatted engine cover and weather?

Out of curiosity, for those who have the carbon slatted engine cover… does it have gaps that allow crap from outside into the engine bay?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Having owned RenaultSports and their propensity to get blocked drains from leaf litter, I think my OCD would go nuts!

Not noticed anything, but my car is garaged, but when washed (eg pressure washed ) then open the boot it lets water into the boot area and a bit over the engine.. My previous evora hda the glass tailgate and it dripped less, but still some water gets in.

I could imagine that leaving the car out in driving rain it would be worse. The actual gaps are quite small so that larger things would find it tat much harder to get in.

Years ago my elites use to collect water under the tailgate via blocked drainage holes in a few places.