free hit
counters
TE rear suspension replacement - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

TE rear suspension replacement

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM
53 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Might disconnect a random heater vac pipe to enhance his enjoyment of the day.

In my experience, it’s highly likely you may not need to.

• Like 2

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

Great to see the photos of you playing with Julian's bits. Looking forward to more photos today 😉

Looking for my first Lotus - A Giugiaro design Turbo Esprit - Message me if you know of one or considering selling yours

• Gold FFM

I was a very bad boy today, and failed to take any pics!  @thebartman did though, so hopefully he'll throw some up here later.  His initiation went rather well, I think.  N/S fully assembled and awaiting tightening, and O/S fully stripped (plenty of violence) ready for rebuild.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Your car’s in good hands, Julian but just be aware that (just like AutoSergei or HAL9000), Sparky’s bionic visual sensors automatically scan for things that are hanging off, missing, knackered, bodged, or require heli-coiling.

Brace yourself.

Margate Exotics.

I believe the bionic visual sensors can be dampened by a liberal application of gin. 🙂

It's getting there......

• Gold FFM
On 19/05/2021 at 09:00, Chillidoggy said:

be aware that (just like AutoSergei or HAL9000), Sparky’s bionic visual sensors automatically scan for things that are hanging off, missing, knackered, bodged, or require heli-coiling.

If he can bench press 20 Ton and use his bionic visual sensors properly , he IS the re-incaration of Steve Austin .......

Shiny, new, assembled, road-tested rear renewal complete 😁.   

Hail @Sparky   !!!

O:S Rear prior to wheels+torque-ing.jpeg

O:S Rear replaced.jpeg

OS Rear Raduis Arm bush.jpeg

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Seriously though, the job went quite well with few surprises, and clearly you enjoyed yourself!

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

@thebartman one more for your file - the only pic I took yesterday.  RH upper arm.  Cleaned up really well with the Dremel, but I forgot to take the 'after' pic, sorry!

PXL_20210520_084552008.jpg

• Gold FFM

Nice job guys. Great photos. You must be chuffed Julian. Well done Sparky.

• Like 2

Looking for my first Lotus - A Giugiaro design Turbo Esprit - Message me if you know of one or considering selling yours