free hit
counters
Am I just getting old? - Page 2 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Am I just getting old?

ramjet

Grandson was today told by his teacher that the word he had just used didn't exist, he said bit I just used it to which she replied but you made it up. He then said all words are made up. He is 8.

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

As a native of the urban NE, many natives finish sentences with 'like' and 'but', for no reason at all.  I also find it odd/interesting that many English kids have invented/adopted their own accent that makes them sound like Yardie gangsters.

Another ex-IBM mainframe coder here and I would wager most UK folk on this forum have run some of my code, via insurance comparison websites.

One of my step granddaughters, 15, took herself out of school, has run away from her parents (separated) numerous times, I fear that she plays a lot of games pitting her parents against each other, not sure how she speaks now but it was all of that rubbish that you see on the tv.

“You all got in my boyfriend’s face, dissin’ him. I don’t give a f### the police was there. I would have hit ‘em stupid if they tried anything.”

15. She wants to come and live with us. Not sure if that is a good idea. Liz though, doesn’t like turning her back on anyone in our family. 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.