free hit
counters
Lotus Emira - The Facts so Far! - Page 2 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Lotus Emira - The Facts so Far!

Evotion

• Gold FFM
43 minutes ago, Evotion said:

8.00PM - 10.00PM = Italy win the Euros - More Prosecco

8:00PM - 10:00PM = Best time to go shopping and avoid the lawn fairies 😝 Sadly (from a shopping point of view) it will probably be all over for the England football team by then.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
7 hours ago, Bibs said:

The press launch (which will be live streamed by Lotus and TLF) is on the 6th in the early evening.

@Bibs What time will that make it for me mate? What is classified as early evening for you?

Doesn't matter. Worked it out. 7:30pm on the 6th for me. Mind you, with UK being 9 hours behind us, that doesn't make sense really. That was working it out from my time now plus the time on the Lotus countdown clock. I was expecting a time like 4:30 am on the 7th.

I think I have missed something in my maths. :getmecoat:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

• Gold FFM

There is the small chance that the countdown clock has not been intelligently made and is reading your local time and back calculating the launch timing to a targeted UK launch time.

That would be excessively complicated and a silly way of doing it, but... I've seen sillier things

I think your 4.30am is more realistic

If that is the case, I'm sorry, but I won't be getting up early.

I'll catch the replay.

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

8 hours ago, TdM said:

There is the small chance that the countdown clock has not been intelligently made and is reading your local time and back calculating the launch timing to a targeted UK launch time.

That would be excessively complicated and a silly way of doing it, but... I've seen sillier things

I think your 4.30am is more realistic

That's what is weird. I am using this website and I can set the start time and then just work out and type in the minutes from the Lotus Cars countdown and I keep getting 7:30pm.

Oh well. As I just checked the Lotus UK website and it says 7:30pm, add 9 hours and it is mid-early morning here on the 7th. Nope. Not happening, unless I put my idiot head on and set my alarm to get up.

9 minutes ago, ramjet said:

...Not happening, unless I put my idiot head on and set my alarm to get up.

What time have you set the alarm for?! 🤣

It would be 4:30am.

That is why I highly doubt it will happen.

Come on Michael, that's not the spirit we expect from down under, set it for 4.15 and you can have a coffee first

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

4 minutes ago, ramjet said:

Yeah I read that... I was just judging you by my own petrol-headed willingness to do 'almost' anything for my passion.  Hence when you wrote 'Not happening, unless I put my idiot head on and set my alarm to get up' i made the leap to assume that it was was not so much an 'unless' and more of an 'obviously i will' comment.  which prompted my 'so what time is it set for' jape 😉

Edited by Jcx

@Jcx Ahh. Sorry. Missed the joke.

I'll see. I'll start a pros & cons list now.

My S4 might even be sold by then. And no, an Emira is not in my future.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
On 22/06/2021 at 15:19, LotusFella said:

erh being half Italian and almost a dead cert I'll correct that 😜

1. 7.00PM  = Emira launch - Prosecco (don't want that awful French crap!)
  2. 8.00PM - 10.00PM = Italy win the Euros - More Prosecco
  3. 10.00PM Plus = Forum - Much celebration and back patting - More Prosecco

Being half Italian living in England you need to sort out your priorities pal.

1. 7.00PM  = Emira launch - Pint of bitter, pork pie and some pickle (don't want that awful EU crap!)
  2. 8.00PM - 10.00PM = England beat a valiant Italian team to win the Euros - More bitter and pork pies
  3. 10.00PM Plus = Forum - Much celebration and back patting as England get one over the Euro's again - Just Eat for a Domino's Pizza, kebabs and extra bitter
On 23/06/2021 at 07:52, ramjet said:

At your age you'll be up then for your third pee of the night anyway!  :shock:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Being half Italian living in England you need to sort out your priorities pal.

1. 7.00PM  = Emira launch - Pint of bitter, pork pie and some pickle (don't want that awful EU crap!)
  2. 8.00PM - 10.00PM = England beat a valiant Italian team to win the Euros - More bitter and pork pies
  3. 10.00PM Plus = Forum - Much celebration and back patting as England get one over the Euro's again - Just Eat for a Domino's Pizza, kebabs and extra bitter

At your age you'll be up then for your third pee of the night anyway!  :shock:

Where's your pride of Queen and Country?  You should be drinking Hattingley not Prosecco.

If the car is not from the UK or Italy; it's not worth talking about.

2 minutes ago, Jcx said:

See the Lotus Insta and Facebook posts today 🙂

Saw it thanks. I'm just shocked at the complete absence of spy shots of the car in camo... in the online usual suspect publication.

• Like 1

ah Ok gotcha.  Yes, Lotus appears to be getting everything right at the moment... i think many in the press are willing them on too!

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, brightoncorgi said:

Where's your pride of Queen and Country?  You should be drinking Hattingley not Prosecco.

No Prosecco in my post bud. I mentioned good old Fashioned bitter, but like the old Queen Mother I am also partial to a nice stout!

If it was English "champagne", it's Chapel Down for me, all the way.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

5 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

If it was English "champagne", it's Chapel Down for me, all the way.

If not Hattingley, I am fan of Ambriel or Gusbourne for English sparklers.

If the car is not from the UK or Italy; it's not worth talking about.

The fact they've managed to keep the car hidden is impressive, but it now feels like they're not doing enough to hype the launch, most of my friends had no clue there was a new model incoming. The new post on their Facebook page makes me a wee bit nervous about some of the lines you can pick out on the car as I'm hoping to make this my last foray in to sports car ownership.

Desperately hoping to be blown away by what is revealed though!

• Like 2

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Colin G said:

The fact they've managed to keep the car hidden is impressive, but it now feels like they're not doing enough to hype the launch, most of my friends had no clue there was a new model incoming.

Agreed. I suspect their budget is not as good as I had hoped.

I expected to see 'takeovers' of Ad space on all of the big car-based platforms and social media.

Maybe they know they will be over-stretched immediately based on what they have done and will ramp it up when production is at 100% and cars are shifting.

This also has some logic. Don't spend advertising bucks until you have to.  One would argue they might then miss out on the people about to pounce on a Cayman, etc.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

wb2.jpg