free hit
counters
Lotus Emira - The Facts so Far! - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Lotus Emira - The Facts so Far!

Evotion

• Gold FFM

Great reading on the Rumours thread but thought we could do with a thread on facts! 😄

Had a good chat today when I put my deposits down on the Emira and these were confirmed - most old, some I have not read yet.

1. It is pronounced Em-eye-Rah, not Em-ear-Rah - Different part of the body. I thought it was the latter and will now have to retrain my brain!
  2. There is a 4-Cyl DCT 2.0 Litre Turbo and a 6-Cyl Manual 3.5 Litre Supercharged
  3. Current run stops in October and, at present, first deliveries will be Easter 2022
  4. Both will be 'configurable' for more power gains, as in neither engine is at its max
  5. The engines are still being fettled and they are currently attempting to gain better torque figures
  6. There will be exhaust options from the get-go
  7. The prices are currently looking like £55K and £75K
  8. There will be 2 or 3 cars at Goodwood Festival of Speed!  No details on the specs. One will be driven up the hill. You will be able to sit in one/them.
  9. Those buying cars with non-complicated options added will get ahead in the queue as they will be rolled out quicker
  10. The cars do resemble elements of the Evija   (Evv-eye-Yah)
  11. Dealers have all signed NDAs on many of the other details
  12. AFTER parting with my money I was told I will be HIGHLY delighted on the cars in all aspects and won't have any disappointments. It is apparently THAT good.

Please add all Facts to this thread!

I want a complicated build and have been warned that I am likely looking at Summer 2022 at best.

Meanwhile, my lightweight, engaging, fast and attractive vehicle is this one! 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Interesting and exciting to say the least!

I am happy with my Evora that I have had almost 5 years now, and have not thought about replacing for at least that same period again plus...However, I have a feeling this may change after Goodwood!! Roll on!!! 

• Gold FFM

Yeah..  it comes down to two things for those on the edge.

• It looks the nuts
  • The vloggers, who always get the feckers first, say it is brilliant and incredible value.

If both those things happen then supply will be outstripped by demand and things might get interesting.

I can't see it being as advanced or comfy as some of the competition but do we really want a car THAT comfy? Certainly not at the expense of lightness and rawness.

I'll be having a sat-nav/infotainment delete on my track version, and if they end up offering even lighter carbon seats then those will be snapped up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, r3nault said:

It will have four wheels and a steering wheel.

Or has Lotus not confirmed those yet?

If the steering device takes a styling cue from the Evija it may not be round.

• Gold FFM
7 hours ago, mg4lotus said:

If the steering device takes a styling cue from the Evija it may not be round.

I'd like it to have a flat bottom but not end of the world.

the only thing i want on it is a horn, none of this Ferrari rubbish.

On #1 I thought I heard Matt Windle say "Eeee-mere-rah".  But then do you say "Eeee-vora" or "Ev-ooora" ;) 

5 hours ago, Evotion said:

I'd like it to have a flat bottom but not end of the world.

the only thing i want on it is a horn, none of this Ferrari rubbish

Some audio controls on/behind the steering wheel would be nice, particularly volume.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Some more 'facts'.

Not news to most of us on here but for those visiting the forum:

• Will be even more 'luxurious' inside than an Evora
  • There will some intra-versions with different specs; badged 'R' for example but this might not be offered for a while
  • The front, rear and elements of the interior will echo the Evija for brand   consistency
  • Digital dash and infotainment (likely touchscreen)
  • Hydraulic steering not electric
  • Bias towards everyday usability - This is good or bad depending on perspective
  • Similar bonded aluminium platform
  • Production aim is 3000 to 5000 models per year  but this might take 2023 to reach
  • No plans for a roadster so don' wait for one!
On 21/05/2021 at 14:47, exeterjeep said:

Some audio controls on/behind the steering wheel would be nice, particularly volume.

I suspect so. They are keen to not only bring the Lotus brand up to date technology wise but future proof it.

We can expect the very latest in digital tech and the convenience of using it. I expect more buttons cross touch and physical.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Yes!  Great news.

The Goodwood Festival of Speed event is still on!  Just confirmed.

Oh yes.  Thanks to the higher power.

Goodwood Festival of Speed | Official Website

Under 3 weeks until we see, smell, lick, caress and kiss what will be a life-changing car. 

A video of my over-affectionate lust will of course be uploaded to my YouTube channel. 😍

• Like 1

I have just realised... i watched your video on your Exige 410 experience at B&C!  Love your surprise and enthusiasm for it.  I bought mine because i wanted another bike but i didnt want the risk so my exige was selected as the nearest, most usable alternative.  🙂

• Gold FFM

Ha, yeah, I wish I had gone out in it, or a 420/430 years ago and It might have saved me the 5 crashes and metal bits in my body.

Now, waiting for the Emira but an Exige is a bloody fantastic fall back.

I actually found it MORE dangerous than my bikes BUT this was due to a bad road, full beans and just not knowing the car and the braking/acceleration/handling.

In retrospect - BRING IT ON!!  Fabulous cars.

Good man!  To be fair, tyre pressures and geo make a whopping difference to my exige.  if the tyres are slightly soft then the car is hard to set into a corner giving little confidence throughout.  When just right the car is planted.  This is of course knowing that the geo is set.  when the geo is off - so too are all bets so to speak.  I wonder if that 410 you drove was not quite right in one or more respect as the behaviour you described is the same with mine when mine is not set up right.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Might have been a combination of a crappy road and my lack of experience with a really raw car with instant responses. I have perhaps been sanitised by too much tech and cossetting.

Either way, I recall the EXPERIENCE which was bloody epic and I miss that part of it.  At the time, I thought it was effin mad but now.... I kinda want that. haha.

I was told at launch we will have full prices and specs available on the Emira.

I wish I had expanded on this.  I wonder if that also includes paint options, accessories, etc.

Ooh, how about a fully working configurator!!?!  I can see myself playing on that for hours.

I think if I can price up the whole car with everything I want then all is cool with me.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
47 minutes ago, Evotion said:

Ooh, how about a fully working configurator!!?!  I can see myself playing on that for hours.

Got to love a configurator 😄 I find them great for blowing my budget clean out of the water. Then there is reality.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Ha - yes. great marketing/sales trick.

You have to be very disciplined - which isn't me 🤔

I will go option-mental on the V6 - opposite on the 4-Cyl.

Hoping Carbon is covered on the V6 as standard. In fact, hopefully it includes everything and one just has to choose trim options.

• Gold FFM
19 minutes ago, Evotion said:

You have to be very disciplined - which isn't me 🤔

Ditto, like a child in a sweet shop.

21 minutes ago, Evotion said:

Hoping Carbon is covered on the V6 as standard. In fact, hopefully it includes everything and one just has to choose trim options.

oh no that's done it I hadn't thought about carbon.

Would be great if Lotus launch the configurator on the 6th July. Although come to think of it, that will mean even less sleep before the FOS.

Speaking of sleep aren't we due another teaser from Lotus?

• Gold FFM

I believe the 6th was mentioned, yes.  No point doing it at Goodwood as the world won't all be there. I hope.

Maybe a teaser of the exhaust pipes.

So , yes, sleepless nights and even more dripping with excitement once we turn that corner...

Ade: Excuse me, where is the Lotus stand with their new car on?

Steward: 500 yards down there and then turn right and you can't miss the loud, throbbing, baying crowd, whistling and mexican waves. Follow the leaving trail of saliva. 

Ade: Ah right. Blimey. Thanks.

Steward. Ah, also, sorry, watch out for the fighting mate.

Ade: Hey? what do you mean?

Steward: Their is some sort of massive fight between Evora and Cayman owners.

• Haha 1

The press launch (which will be live streamed by Lotus and TLF) is on the 6th in the early evening.

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

EEK, semi-finals of the Euros 21  - Kick off at 8.00PM !!  Better be before that!

Now - the most perfect evening is starting to take shape:

1. 7.00PM  = Emira launch - Champagne
  2. 8.00PM - 10.00PM = England win the Euros - More Champagne
  3. 10.00PM Plus = Forum - Much celebration and back patting - More Champagne

😃

erh being half Italian and almost a dead cert I'll correct that 😜

1. 7.00PM  = Emira launch - Prosecco (don't want that awful French crap!)
  2. 8.00PM - 10.00PM = Italy win the Euros - More Prosecco
  3. 10.00PM Plus = Forum - Much celebration and back patting - More Prosecco

• Gold FFM
7 minutes ago, LotusFella said:

erh being half Italian and almost a dead cert I'll correct that 😜

1. 7.00PM  = Emira launch - Prosecco (don't want that awful French crap!)
  2. 8.00PM - 10.00PM = Italy win the Euros - More Prosecco
  3. 10.00PM Plus = Forum - Much celebration and back patting - More Prosecco
35 minutes ago, Bibs said:

The press launch (which will be live streamed by Lotus and TLF) is on the 6th in the early evening.

EEK, semi-finals of the Euros 21  - Kick off at 8.00PM !!  Better be before that!

Now - the most perfect evening is starting to take shape:

1. 7.00PM  = Emira launch - Champagne
  2. 8.00PM - 10.00PM = England win the Euros - More Champagne
  3. 10.00PM Plus = Forum - Much celebration and back patting - More Champagne

😃

Ha, fair enough.. To be fair.. My money would be much happier on Italy winning than England.   I don't really think we have much chance.

Good luck anyway.  Also, ha, I also prefer Prosecco BUT with a Disaronno top!!  It is called an 'Italian Kiss' and it is bloody strong but lovely. 😁

• Like 1