free hit
counters
Help! Ferrari? - Topics - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Help! Ferrari?

pbharcourt

I have a friend who owns a Porsche 991.2gts and is looking for a replacement, he is considered a Ferrari f355, is there a Lotus equivalent that I can point him to? And why?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

If he’s going for the 355 wedge look, probably one of the later Esprits is a good alternative. Likely a third of the price and cheaper to service/fix than a Ferrari too.

As I understand it the V8s are a bit more ‘stressful’ so probably an S4 or S4s might be the best option.

• Like 1

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

I was thinking of pointing him in the direction of an Evora or one of the new cars coming out but I don't know enough about them.

Has he driven a 355?  They're a huge step back from a 991.2 GTS, sure they are prettier to look at, but they are not the best driving experience compared to the newer stuff and the bills can soon become eye watering compared to a relatively modern 911.  One of the jobs to keep on top of are the buttresses that need doing every few years...I've seen quite a few with a less than great job done in that area.

Lotus wise, an Evora would be the current closest option to the 991, although the new Emira promises great things and should be much closer to the standard of the 991 interior.  We will find out virtually on the 6th July and in person on the 8th :)

• Like 1