free hit
counters
Jaguar I-PACE - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Jaguar I-PACE

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

We've had ev's for 7 years now - wife has had 2 off I3's and now has an E TRon. 

I've had an I pace  for coming up to 2 years - brilliant car - will do standing starts in the pouring rain without troubling the traction control . Love the "one pedal " driving . Brakes are poor though. Especially initial response which can be very delayed . 

Handles really well for a big car  . 

Just placed an order for a Taycan Cross Turismo to replace it . 

I will probably never want or  have an ICE for daily driving again .

Just ICE for the weekends, high days and holidays .  

Bibs - how do you " fill up " so cheaply ? I can get 4p per Kwh from 12.30 - 4.30am but the(my )  Jag won't do timed charging , so typically it is  14p = £12/fill ( and the max I get is 232 miles ..... ) 

Mine is a 2019 car so maybe if yours is newer it has delayed charging ? 

23 minutes ago, Djs44 said:

Bibs - how do you " fill up " so cheaply ?

Same price with Octopus but I've got scheduled charging built into the car (or the app) so it only charges at those hours, unless I tell it otherwise if I need a top up before a long journey. It's usually between 50 & 80% though so overnight is enough. Before I had that cheap deal, I was charging once a week or so and that was enough. 

Max range is 282 miles on a charge, it's enough for me to get to Edinburgh and to be fair, when I've needed to charge up on the go, the hardest part is often finding the chargers. I've not had a dead one yet gladly and usually (it can charge at up to 77kW) 20-30 mins is enough. 

I've got a 2021 Kia E-Niro 4+. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM
53 minutes ago, exeterjeep said:

Plugs it in next door?

Visiting the inlaws seems almost bitter sweet when taking an EV and an extension lead.

Only here once

Sorry Bibs , when you said “I’ve had mine  for 5 months “ I thought you meant I pace 🤦🏻‍♀️
I have Octopus but the jag won’t do timed charging ... grrrr 

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Bibs said:

Max range is 282 miles on a charge, it's enough for me to get to Edinburgh

Ha. Give me a shout when you try it. Not sure where you're thinking Ryarsh to Edinburgh is under 300 miles bud (it's 420 miles matey). Let's leave the bullshit to the BBC they're better at it!

Hyundai quotes 300 miles I believe, but the road tests seem to suggest 250 miles is the "true" usable range. So that's a 80% charge-up on the way up then.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

The Hyundai @C8RKH is probably the most honest range description out there. Ours was 268 I believe 2 years ago - we had no trouble achieving that on a full charge. Some would say the future is here.

Only here once

Never said from home did I?! :lol:

I could make it to Leeds then, still a long way on a few AA's.

• Haha 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Why electric cars will take over sooner than you think

article on BBC this am.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57253947

Jaguar plans to sell only electric cars from 2025, Volvo from 2030 and last week the British sportscar company Lotus said it would follow suit, selling only electric models from 2028.

• Gold FFM
49 minutes ago, exeterjeep said:

Why electric cars will take over sooner than you think

article on BBC this am.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57253947

Jaguar plans to sell only electric cars from 2025, Volvo from 2030 and last week the British sportscar company Lotus said it would follow suit, selling only electric models from 2028.

3 of the smaller selling brands accounting for less than 1% of total global car sales.

Yup electric is coming for sure and I expect to have one too in the next 5 years

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

Would have to swap the seat covering and steering wheel to alcantara though, holds better in the corners!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

Would have to swap the seat covering and steering wheel to alcantara though, holds better in the corners!

Change the wheels and tyres for more grip in the dry and wet. 4S's all round?

• Like 1