free hit
counters
Jaguar I-PACE - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Jaguar I-PACE

• Gold FFM

A grateful neighbour has loaned me his for the weekend.  Ferk me, it's nippy.

image.thumb.png.11dad6d18940191f6975ddf697139b8d.png

• Like 2

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
3 hours ago, Sparky said:

I went in one last year.....the acceleration is bonkers. No emotion though.....

The face of things to come 😫

• Gold FFM
4 hours ago, Simon Bateman said:

Ferk me, it's nippy.

So's Nicola Sturgeon and I'd prefer to not have either.

• Haha 2

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

4 hours ago, Simon Bateman said:

I went in one last year.....the acceleration is bonkers. No emotion though.....

Seen several times at my JLR dealer where we are RR customers, it is expensive and the back is ugly. And the front view is not exciting, has lost its Jaguar heritage. But as you say it is the way of the future. Hope a Lotus SUV would/will look better..

• Gold FFM

Looks quite nice for an SUV. I have yet to drive electric but heard it is like an RC car with instant acceleration. Is that true ?

Looking for my first Lotus - A Giugiaro design Turbo Esprit - Message me if you know of one or considering selling yours

7 hours ago, Bling said:

Looks quite nice for an SUV. I have yet to drive electric but heard it is like an RC car with instant acceleration. Is that true ?

Driven a few I-Paces, they have the number 400 on the back & it relates to the equivalent bhp plus they are all wheel drive, so they really can put the power down & go. All of the motors torque is available from first press of the throttle.

• Gold FFM

It looks pretty good for an electrical toy, but no match for the Jags of old...

I find it funny how after a period where most brands were making there normal cars higher (Golf plus etc), the trend now seems to be to make the SUVs lower.

@Spinney, dinosaurs are important, over time they become the black gold we all love and need. 😄 And I'm with you 100%, I remember the first time I saw a Fisker Karma drive by. I liked the futuristic look but felt it needed a nice V8 burble to complete the package.

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

On 29/05/2021 at 22:05, Bling said:

I have yet to drive electric but heard it is like an RC car with instant acceleration. Is that true ?

I've had mine for almost 5k miles now and they are quick off the line, and with most being fitted with 'low resistance' tyres for range they do have a tendency to wheel spin quite a lot even in the dry. Manufacturers temper the initial throttle response to deal with this somewhat but in Sport mode they are rapid off the line and then some for what they are!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

@Bibs the Kona had nexens on I think - and were noisy and slippy. Changing to Michelin Premacy made a huge difference to noise and traction with no range change.

Only here once

I've got the Premecy fitted. Thinking for going Pilot Sport :lol:

• Haha 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

Can't help but think that we will see the "performance" on run of the mill electrics start to tail off as the focus shifts to range through smaller, and therefore less weighty batteries. Tesla strated the "performance" angle on EV sales and everyone else seems to feel as though they need to catch-up/be at the races but you have to ask why?  Previously people where very happy with 10sec 0-60 family SUV's and now all of a sudden everyone needs a a 5 secs 0-60. It's only going to end in tears, and fitting tyres that spin/slip so easily just seems moronic to me as the buyers of these cars, unlike @Bibs, will not be familiar with high performance. We've already seen the comedy pictures of people getting confused with the one pedal driving, the Taycan that launched itself up a drive and over a wall, etc.  

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

1 hour ago, mg4lotus said:

One pedal driving 😱 Don't you get a brake pedal??? 😜

Push forward go faster, let off and it brakes.  Would need a good cruise control, otherwise a pain for the 1 foot...

I was ignorant and now I am educated. Sounds scary not having a brake pedal.

How does it modulate the braking? sometimes you want to brake softly and other times you want to brake hard.

Can you freewheel (coast)?

23 minutes ago, mg4lotus said:

I was ignorant and now I am educated. Sounds scary not having a brake pedal.

How does it modulate the braking? sometimes you want to brake softly and other times you want to brake hard.

Can you freewheel (coast)?

All I learnt was for an ad on tv that briefly described the one pedal operation, sounds really scary, not something I want to try. May be it is a bit like some ride on mowers that have similar?  As in the future all new cars will be EV, and probably all autos, just something else to make driving more boring, and the car will want to stay in lanes, brake automatically and when we get to Tesco's tell us what to buy.

• Sad 1

Can't help but think about bumper cars when you go to the fair. So it could be more exciting?

They call them Dodgems but everybody knows they are bumper cars.

Mine (as I'm sure most have) have auto braking using the radar/camera so it will modulate the braking for you. It's an option, you can turn it off. That said, while it's called one pedal driving, that means you only have one to use, but there are still 2 pedals and you can of course brake as you wish. 

I have Smart Cruise Control so in traffic, just set it to what your max desired speed it and it starts/stops for you most of the time. The exception is if you're stationary for a few seconds, it asks for a tap of the pedal or 'res' button and it'll start again. It's very relaxing to drive, it even steers for you as long as you touch the wheel every so often. As a 'utility' car that gets me from A to B very easily and relaxed and at £3 to top up for 282 miles, it's ideal for those kind of trips. At 1,800kgs it's never going to set the world on fire which is why it sits next to my Evora in the drive. Good combo in my opinion. 

Evora NA

On 29/05/2021 at 12:14, Sparky said:

Must be the only one that talks to you 🤣

• Haha 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Here is a bit about the Nissan Leaf...

New Nissan Leaf has one-pedal driving mode for both accelerating and braking. Nissan has launched a new longer-ranged version of its Leaf electric car that can be driven by just one “e-Pedal” for both accelerating and braking.

The e-Pedal allows the driver to start, accelerate, decelerate and stop using only the accelerator pedal. ... Lift off the pedal and the e-Pedal mimics stepping on the brake pedal, allowing the vehicle to slow down and even come to a complete stop.

• Gold FFM
26 minutes ago, exeterjeep said:

Here is a bit about the Nissan Leaf...

New Nissan Leaf has one-pedal driving mode for both accelerating and braking. Nissan has launched a new longer-ranged version of its Leaf electric car that can be driven by just one “e-Pedal” for both accelerating and braking.

The e-Pedal allows the driver to start, accelerate, decelerate and stop using only the accelerator pedal. ... Lift off the pedal and the e-Pedal mimics stepping on the brake pedal, allowing the vehicle to slow down and even come to a complete stop.

So in the event of an accident where the driver "released" the pedal and the car did not stop fast enough and caused an accident, where would the liability sit? With the driver still I am guessing but you know how moronic people can be....

• Gold FFM

The leaf is a regeneration braked car - the one pedal pishe is just setting regen to max. If you read the documentation it’s very clear it’s not a one pedal car simply a marketing ploy.

The Kona is the same - and I bet @Bibs and his Kia is exactly the same on level 3 regen.

we’ve had an old leaf, tried the new one - and bought a Hyundai - you can decide for yourself what’s the better cars.

Only here once

The auto braking is active. It shows you how hard it's braking on the dash and to be fair on hard braking I've seen 150kw going back into the battery as it brakes with regen 99% of the time*.

*apart from the time I was 'testing' the car and the hazards came on as it thought I'd hit a wall :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Evora NA