free hit
counters
bad squeak front left - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

• Gold FFM

πŸ˜’ lovely drive to the farm shop but on the way home a nasty sounding squeak has started on the passenger front left not noticable on a well surfaced road but on the b roads oh dear that sounds painful, next trip back to es motorsport me thinks any thoughts on possible causes ?? (drives straight and on braking etc)Β 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

hyperthetical question but if it is bushes singular or plural what are peeps thoughts on poly bushes ? i do like the idea of, if i have to change a part, id change it for the best option available and i guess though one would have to change both sides to match Β 

• Gold FFM

having just found the guys at es motorsport immediately just bow to their knowledge and recomendations so will be interesting on the diagnosis and sollution !!!Β 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

if i find a squeaky toy an insertion requiring vaseline will follow !!!πŸ˜† gota take it back next week for a look see apparently either arb bushes not clamped in correctly or drop link, just annoying πŸ˜’Β 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, windymiller said:

ahhhhhh deep sigh πŸ˜’ picked the car up after arb bushes replaced and squeak still very much there so driving back in a mo πŸ˜’

Didn't the repairer test drive before returning it to you?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of usΒ Moderators.

• Gold FFM

yes but didnt hear the squeak hence the thought the arb bush might not be seated correctly, i took the owner of the business out and prooved it most de4finately still squeaks !!!!Β 

• Gold FFM

weird so took the car out today and ..... no squeak !! πŸ€” so is it possible the arb bushes kinda settle in ? or have i got a intermitent issue or was it my wallet opening and closing ?Β πŸ˜’