free hit
counters
HC fettle - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

HC fettle

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Yes, that was discussed today!  Tensioner bearing is a lot older than the belt too.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Ah, forgot to mention that the bearing had been rotated in the wrong direction to tension the belt.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Gee, I wonder what this blob of silicone is for?  Feckin cowboys.  😡

image.thumb.png.dca6dc7b0afabb769c4f2999cd1ec57c.png

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

7 hours ago, Sparky said:

Gee, I wonder what this blob of silicone is for?  Feckin cowboys.  😡

image.thumb.png.dca6dc7b0afabb769c4f2999cd1ec57c.png

I know, right?

A true PROFESSIONAL would have smoothed that RTV with a wet finger. 🥴:thumbdown:

Not to mention, putting the sealant in the correct spot...LOL

• Haha 2

Atwell Haines

'88 Esprit

Succasunna, NJ USA

• Gold FFM

Aux pulley came off nice and easy.  Had to take my time with the pump bolts as 3 were very sticky, but eventually eased them out.  I'd completely forgotten the vac pump mounting bracket, aaaaagh.  Here's the pump.  If you hold it to your ear, you can hear Celine DIon singing.  An enormous amount of play in the shaft that looks to have caused a bit of wear on the casing.  Surprised it wasn't noisy.  No surprise, I guess, that I also need to investigate an inop heater.

image.thumb.png.322a69a7d7c87bcfe308b9d6534cd83f.png

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM

My mood during a covers refresh...

PXL_20210609_130235544.jpg

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM

Love the photos. Great artsmanship with the refurb of the covers.

Amazing turnaround from PNM if you factor in postage.

Dragan, two lovely Esprits, now that is just greedy 😄

Looking for my first Lotus - A Giugiaro design Turbo Esprit - Message me if you know of one or considering selling yours

Don't forget to close the glovebox too! :thumbup:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

That bloody glovebox...

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM

It must be great living next door to you @Sparky if you are a car fanatic. It is like Liquorice Allsorts, you never know what type of Lotus will greet your eyes when you look out the window 😃

• Like 1

Looking for my first Lotus - A Giugiaro design Turbo Esprit - Message me if you know of one or considering selling yours

• Gold FFM

I'd love to agree, but some people on here will confirm that's not quite the case...

• Gold FFM

So your neighbours don't like cars and don't like you 😆

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM

You're half right!

• Haha 1