free hit
counters
Wiring route through front bulkhead - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Wiring route through front bulkhead

• Gold FFM

Without giving to much away for now as regards my ongoing 'Project Evora Update', I do need to ask for a bit of help on this bit.

I'm intending to fit DRLs as part of my upgrade. Rather than just splicing into a suitable bit of wiring under the front clam, I'd prefer to piggy-back off the relevant fuses in the front footwell fusebox but so far I haven't been able to locate an accessible route for the new wiring through the bulkhead. I had hoped to follow an existing cable but they all seem to follow a convoluted route and then disappear behind other panels rather than simply going straight out through a conveniently positioned hole.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

There is a route but I can’t remember exactly where. 🤔
This is exactly what I did when fitting DRLs to mine some 5 years ago but, alas, i no longer have the car😟

All I can recall atm is that there is a way trough the bulkhead at around the mid point at the front which brought the cable in by the centre tunnel so easy access to the fuse box from there. I found it after taking the arch liner out and front under tray off.

Sorry I can’t be of more help🙄. If I remember anymore I’ll let you know👍69F841C3-139A-4535-BEDE-2D78D733B1F1.thumb.jpeg.d615bcfc9f8b47a3b416a1df2fcf1f4b.jpegA737C8E3-142F-4802-8448-ECACBF330E48.thumb.jpeg.f91f9171597a33288135d50298a95fe7.jpeg

• Gold FFM

@PaulCP Thanks for the clue, Paul. I knew that there had to be a way through somewhere but I've been looking from above. Oh well, undertray off it is then - what's another panel removed when you're already at this stage .................................... :rolleyes: :D.

1064347961_Evorastripdown300521001.thumb.JPG.2497fffe2b06ff1155031c8828a10322.JPG

• Gold FFM

Use the gap where the water comes in from the AC to drench the carpets?

• Haha 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

Yehey! DRL wiring now runs all the way from the front bumper to the fusebox, thanks to the pointing in the right direction by @PaulCP.

Getting the undertray off was, shall we say, challenging. I don't think it's ever been off before so none of the fixings were going to give up without a fight. One (isn't there always that one? :rolleyes:) near the middle, so nicely inaccessible from above, had its captive nut no longer captive but it eventually succumbed to an angle grinder, a cold chisel and a hammer. Once the sheet of alloy was out of the way, there right next to the heater/ventilation fan was a lovely big rubber bung with a major section of the harness going through it towards the centre console and an earthing point conveniently alongside.

2035534690_DavidMobile100621046.thumb.JPG.733e080449bf332ec81af922400a79ee.JPG 

Short time later, new wiring was threaded in towards the fusebox, ready for the connections and general tidying-up of the install at the weekend, :D.

1297385751_DavidMobile100621048.thumb.JPG.5c73463aafcdcad364dbb220610a3fef.JPG

Glad you found it @Alfa2Evora but, TBH, more pleased that my memory wasn’t letting me down which would have sent you on a wild goose chase 🙄

Yes, I recall the convenience factor of the nice proximity of the entry point to the fuse box and the very convenient earth point👍

• Thanks 1