free hit
counters
Roof rack? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

As the Emira is very much a non-roadster, what do we think the chances of fittings for a roof rack would be? I assume not very high.

After two Elises and now an Exige as my daily drivers, a roof rack for extra luggage would make me a lot more popular with my wife (who is usually buried under bags or packed off on the train when we go away).

Quickly removable for spirited driving on arrival, of course!

Plenty of Porsches are racked up...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Seasucker or Rockbros suction mounts should work.  I've used my Seasucker on the Evora and have seen others on Elise and Exige.  As well as bike racks they do board/ski racks and crossbars.  

Lotus110_1920x1080 (1).jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Gold FFM

Damn, that's a nice bike - superb pic and a great combo.

The thought of using rubber suckers to hold on a bike scares the crap out of me but I guess it works well! :)

• Like 2

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

Into Motorcycles? Support me at https://youtube.com/c/whichbike_com

wb2.jpg

I know what you mean.  The first few times I rigged my GoPro on the nose of the car pointing back at the bike on the roof and had the video preview on my phone.  It does move a bit at speed, but better there's some flex in the mounting than it transfers more load variation to the roof.

Seasucker have tested them at 140mph.  Mine's been fine at motorway speeds.  The other advantage with the Evora is I can also get a bike inside, across the back seat.IMG_7088.JPG

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Evotion said:

Damn, that's a nice bike - superb pic and a great combo.

The thought of using rubber suckers to hold on a bike scares the crap out of me but I guess it works well! :)

I am too chicken to use one either.

If the car is not from the UK or Italy; it's not worth talking about.

• Gold FFM
20 hours ago, TomE said:

Seasucker have tested them at 140mph.  Mine's been fine at motorway speeds.  The other advantage with the Evora is I can also get a bike inside, across the back seat.IMG_7088.JPG

Ha - who said these were not practical family cars. Excellent.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

Into Motorcycles? Support me at https://youtube.com/c/whichbike_com

wb2.jpg

• Gold FFM
3 minutes ago, Evotion said:

Ha - who said these were not practical family cars. Excellent.

Me. They're not as if you put a bike in the back you can't get the family in. Whether you have rear seats or not!

Also, try putting your weekly shop in the boot on a hot day and drive 30 minutes home. Hmmm, lovely...... Well, at least you won't waste time defrosting the burgers for the barbie!

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!