free hit
counters
Transmission Fluid Drain and Fill - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Transmission Fluid Drain and Fill

Purchased a Lotus Elise 2005 and been doing the maintenance on it. Last night I tackled a transmission fluid change due to the fact I had to change the transmission cooler lines on it.

Purchase 3 quarts of Motul 300V 75w90. Based upon my research, a full drain will take 3 quarts back in the transmission.

Drained all of the fluid, and tilted the vehicle back and to the left to fully drain anything I could get out of it. I then placed the car level on the ground and filled the transmission with 3 full quarts of the fluid with a handheld pump squeezing the oil in. Car took the entire 3 quarts, but when I took out the hand pump, it was draining oil from the fill port. I immediately put a finger on the port and put the AN fitting back on it.

Did I fill too much oil? If so, should I keep the car level and open the fill port and let it drain until it stops? I'm a handy person, but confused which direction to go.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days