free hit
counters
Buying an Exige 390 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Buying an Exige 390

Smudge

I have owned 2Elises and a couple of VX220s, but moved on the bigger cars (2 GTRs and now a more sensible I-Pace), however I thought it was time to come back to the fold (keeping the I-Pace).

However when I looked at getting a 390 Exige it quickly became clear that was unlikely to happen. It seems all the build slots are gone (fair enough), but mostly taken with 410's (I assume because there is more money in them). There are older 350s and 410s and even some final 420s available in dealer stock, but no 390s - were any actually made?

Quite disappointing. I have the budget for the 420, or even the 430 but actually wanted the 390 as it is a smidge softer

Might just go back and look for an older car.

Thoughts?

Chris

Edited by Smudge

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thanks for the responses. I spoke with Oakmere, they only have the blue one in the showroom, their remaining builds are 420's. On the ovwereas cars I need the steering on the right side!

I also approached Lotus and they are looking into it.

I should have done this earlier, so its my own fault, but I was going to retire and buy a motorhome. I am not now (good work offer), so I thought I would get the Exige instead!

Will think about next steps - maybe the 420 would be OK.

Thanks again

Edited by Smudge

28 minutes ago, Smudge said:

I should have done this earlier, so its my own fault, but I was going to retire and buy a motorhome. I am not now (good work offer), so I thought I would get the Exige instead!

That sounds like a very sensible life choice. Good luck with your hunt. 

Out of interest, does the 390 have the charge-cooled Edelbrook SC (from the Ev4x0) or the original Harrop SC?

15 minutes ago, TTim said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm under the impression charge cooled. 

You’re right. From the horse’s mouth (https://media.lotuscars.com/en/models/exige/exige-sport-390-final-edition.html😞

”The new Exige Sport 390 replaces the outgoing Exige Sport 350. The power increase of 47bhp comes from a revised calibration linked to the Edelbrock supercharger with chargecooling, to produce 397bhp and 420Nm.”