free hit
counters
Electric windows and radio stops working when it's hot - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Electric windows and radio stops working when it's hot

Hi, I have a black x180 NA and the electric windows and radio stop working when it sits in the sun. Is there a common earth for these items, or maybe something in the fuse box? I think it's inside the cabin as they start working after 10-20 mins if driving with the sunroof open. 

Thanks

James

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Odd correlation. Suggest you continue to explore possible pathways to this fail, perhaps take a very close look at the fuses themselves for a start.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the response. For two years it's only done it when it got hot. This saturday and sunday she suddenly started doing it randomly. I also realised that in the last two years it was jus the windows and not the radio that stopped working. Over the winter i had changed the radio power feed so that it switched on when the key was in position 1 instead of in position 2. I realised it might be on the wiring from the ignition cylinder. I checked in there and found the lead in the connector block was very slightly loose. Hopefully i'll be able to wind down the windows when it's hot, and also close them when i park! :D 

Thanks

James

• Like 1