free hit
counters
High Level Brake Light - LEDs - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

High Level Brake Light - LEDs

Go to solution Solved by Daveb99,

My new (to me) Evora NA has a couple of LED's out on the high level rear brake light.   I've done a search on here and can't find anything, am I right in assuming it needs a whole new unit as it can't be repaired?

I'm hoping someone is going to tell me it's from a Vauxhall Corsa and costs under a tenner from a Vauxhall dealer.....

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
13 minutes ago, Daveb99 said:

I'm hoping someone is going to tell me it's from a Vauxhall Corsa and costs under a tenner from a Vauxhall dealer.....

I think it may be from an MG ZR, around £10 +pp ebay 

There was a thread on here that had part number details.

Check the part number on yours compared to this..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/401331212738?epid=1643901571&hash=item5d713451c2%3Ag%3Amh4AAOSwZ4dZIKDA&LH_All=1  there is also a red version as well, but I think you probably need the clear one.

The MG part is rather inexpensive as a whole, but they can be repaired if you carefully remove the lens (it's adhered to the body). The LEDs are 3V, 7.6 x 7.6 mm P4 through-hole.

I scrapped the OE LEDs and put a red COB strip on instead, using the PCB as a heatsink of sorts. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Solution

To finish this one off ….. I bought a genuine Rover one from eBay and fitted it the other day.   Cost £13.50 and I simply cut and soldered the wires, and drilled two holes for the fixing bolts as per the original one.

Straightforward job - and a very cheap fix with the proper part.   Thanks for all the help 👍🏻

E08F615D-8508-46BF-ACFB-D6E56C612A58.jpeg

FE429E13-C917-452D-8EC7-6C9E935258AC.jpeg

609079C0-084E-4E99-ADE0-FD9A17B9F223.jpeg

• Like 1

Haha, actually I do, but what I don’t have is much time !   More than happy to help where I can and send you photos etc 👍🏻