free hit
counters
“Influencer” (or not) - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

“Influencer” (or not)

mayevora

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Pointing a cheap (or indeed expensive!) camera at yourself does not make someone a journalist.

1 hour ago, mayevora said:

only an easily led usually young sheep type person will pay any attention to. 

I'm of the firm belief that a large part of the audience want to aspire to the lifestyles/cars these people have and look up to them for inspiration rather than information. How much actual car info has Supercar Blondie for example offered that's not already readily available but she has 85 bazillion followers. I can only speculate as to why teenage boys are like moths to a lamp :lol:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

... it's a moot point.  As irritating as they are, they do have... errr... influence.

They're really no different from the "Clarkson" effect, who's mere utterance could destroy a car.  There's just more of them.

They drive me up the wall.  Many start with a wad of cash and so the quality of their output really doesn't need to be that great - and the wildly inaccurate information that get's spouted as "fact" is downright mystifying.

As someone who watches company marketing dollars get spaffed in this space, six years ago I was hoping it was a fad.  I was just plain wrong.

• Gold FFM
6 hours ago, Bibs said:

How much actual car info has Supercar Blondie for example offered that's not already readily available but she has 85 bazillion followers. I can only speculate as to why teenage boys are like moths to a lamp :lol:

Thanks chap 👍 you’ve made me feel several decades younger.

• Haha 1

Only here once

And in a similar vein, What about the term 'Celebrity' - How can I celebrate people I've never heard of and don't recognise, from some 'reality' show, or whatever?

When I were a lad, we used to have the dimunitive version - 'TV Personality', which seems far more fitting.

• Like 2

A little like pantomime casts.

‘From TV’s..(insert random show here)..’ basically translates as ‘You won’t have heard of them’.

• Like 1

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

• Gold FFM
7 hours ago, mayevora said:

Is it just me or does anyone else hate this modern fad term or terminology ‘Influencer’?

The term isn't itself the problem, it's actually quite accurate. The problem lies with those who are so easily influenced by flim-flam, by pretty people in pretty places wearing pretty things with the intention of influencing others to buy their sponsor's pretty crap. From a marketing perspective, it's also pretty successful :)

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

It mostly is, as they are selfish bastards those influenza's and haven't had their double jags

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!