free hit
counters
Driving the Evora S and Cayman GTS 4.0 back-to-back - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Driving the Evora S and Cayman GTS 4.0 back-to-back

AK70

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.  I had six Porsches before I bought my first Lotus.  I enjoyed every one of my six Porsches and I would gladly have another.  But not one of them was as much fun to drive as my current Lotus Exige 410 Sport.  And having driven a Lotus Evora GT 410 Sport manual I can confirm that none of the six Porsches handled like the Evora.  If I wanted a more usable, more comfy sports car I'd buy an Evora before I bought another 911.  But I'm keeping my Exige! 😍

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Thanks.

Interesting that the 'much' older Evora stood up so well against the very latest and best Porsche model from this year.

I suspect the Emira will be the perfect car for you as I also hope it  covers both cars in different ways.

I did VERY briefly look at  GT4 but it never made my shortlist and, to be frank, even if the Emira fails in one or two areas I will still get it, even not having seen it!

I live in a 'good' part of Surrey so I see Porsches and Astons literally every 5 minutes - this drastically affects my perception of them (though the GT3 is on my shortlist but that is a BEAST)

• Like 1

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

Litmnus test: if a GT3 was the same price as my Exige 410 Sport, and i was looking for a 'toy' to broaden my smile on local roads, I'd but the Exige.  In fact, I'd even pay a bit more for my Exige.  I piloted a GT3 RS a couple of times and it was superb. But it wasn't more fun than my Exige.  I'd take a 991.2 GT3 Touring as a daily though... that is the thinking man's porsche who is more interested in impressing himself than others.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Yeah, I drove the 410 Sport and I can't think of anything that would match the experience at anywhere near the cost of one that has a roof.

I was looking at a 997 GT3 RS or 991.2 GT3  but have kinda got over that now and I am all about the Emira, oh yes.

• Like 1

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

12 hours ago, DaveC72 said:

@JAWS, that looks familiar...

You can't beat a bit of Furkapass action. That and the adjoining Grimsel and Susten passes are well worth the trip to the Alps on their own. 🥰

@AK70extremely jealous of you having that on your doorstep.

Fingers crossed for going back next year. It's been too long 😭

• Like 1

This is one of the best reviewers on Youtube in my opinion (his LFA review/tribute was something else)

Check out his thoughts on the Evora GT (and how Porsches compare at 14:28). You'll be glad to hear they align with your thoughts, Andrew.

For sheer entertainment this one is superb as well:

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

@EGTEthey do need to do better research though, not sure what Mike Kimberley would make of them crediting the design and development of the Evora to Dany Bahahahahahahaha!  It's at 5:18.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

3 hours ago, EGTE said:

This is one of the best reviewers on Youtube in my opinion (his LFA review/tribute was something else)

Check out his thoughts on the Evora GT (and how Porsches compare at 14:28). You'll be glad to hear they align with your thoughts, Andrew.

They went through every reason why I bought an Evora!

It's my Goldilocks car - just the right balance between road sensibility and raw edginess.

4 hours ago, C8RKH said:

…crediting the design and development of the Evora to Dany Bahahahahahahaha!

It’s doubly ironic because Mr Bahar (in)famously tried to kill off the Evora early. 

• Like 2

Not at all, different cars so nice to have the choice in the garage :thumbsup:

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM
11 hours ago, Woodman said:

Am I mad considering buying two Lotus cars? 

No, on the contrary very wise and extremely lucky. Enjoy :)

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM
16 hours ago, Woodman said:

Am I mad considering buying two Lotus cars? 

Two not enough 

Justin