free hit
counters
Lotus Emira Superfans - Get involved with the LIVE Emira launch on the 6th July! - Page 8 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Lotus Emira Superfans - Get involved with the LIVE Emira launch on the 6th July!

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I can't join the meeting. Says that the maximum number of 100 has been reached?

Same message whether I try through Zoom or my browser.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

• Gold FFM

So what is the point pre-registering to be told when you try to login that the meeting is at capacity so "fook off"

Great one Lotus, you really have pissed off a potential customer.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

6 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

So what is the point pre-registering to be told when you try to login that the meeting is at capacity so "fook off"

Great one Lotus, you really have pissed off a potential customer.

Keep trying. I got that message as well, but then got on when I tried again.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Someone please tell Andy to change the limit on the Zoom call. I am lucky to be in there but 31 will be missing out

8 minutes ago, Simon350S said:

I didn't realise they were showing us live, I'm in work and had to try and blank out all my clothing and background 🤣

My team are sat next door and looking through my office door wondering what on earth is going on whilst I'm pretending to be working 😂

You can choose a blurry filter or a background image from Zoom settings

• Gold FFM
4 minutes ago, ramjet said:

Keep trying. I got that message as well, but then got on when I tried again.

Tried for 20 minutes then gave up.  I guess these things happen.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Any luck @C8RKH

• Gold FFM

Looks like @sparky is on the rum and coke already lol!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Gold FFM
4 minutes ago, Sport220 said:

Someone’s left, try it now

I'm watching from the common seats now. Damage done. Just need to get over the disappointment. 

Interior looks the mutts nuts and Jenson is a bloody good actor if he really wasn't impressed with the looks of the car, looking at his face.

Well there you go. :)

I do wish that I was in the market for one as it really does look gorgeous.

Well, I'm back off to bed.

Pity about the 100 person limit on the superfan meeting. Think that some people may have missed out. Hopefully they were able to catch the Facebook feed.

The weather reminded me of here. It can change like that in Geelong as well.

Did you catch it on Facebook @C8RKH?

• Gold FFM
3 minutes ago, ramjet said:

Did you catch it on Facebook @C8RKH?

Lotus official website stream. I just wish when it was going round the track they had dialled down the music as real car nuts want to hear the exhaust, not some shite marketing music :)

I doubt the marketing people are car nuts lol

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Derbyjim said:

So Tom E and the others that have put an order in, are you happy??? 

Yes, really impressed with the exterior and interior.  Love the pieces taken from the Evija in the front and side views.  Exhaust note sounded great on track (too much background music!) and that must have been the Toyota V6 as it was a manual.

Keen to see specs, prices, options.  I see online they're saying V6 and 4cyl will be similar weight and within 10-20% on power, so not sure where the £20-30k difference gets justified.  But yes, I'll be confirming an order when the factory book opens.

I look forward to having a closer look on Thursday and hearing a bit more about the detail, but I'd say my deposit will be staying with the dealer based on what I saw tonight!

Thank you for organising the invite @Bibs 👍 

I want to find out more about the specs/engines. If the V6 is really only 400hp then I'm not sure why you'd bother with it frankly apart from the stick shift. Especially if it's the same engine from the Evora, not the new Toyota V6. 

Also, pricing.... I'm keen, I'll leave the deposit down for the time being. The car looks fantastic and the interior also. But not 100% convinced

Thanks so much for the opportunity to feel part of the family @Bibs again! Really enjoyed the show and was lucky to make it into the Zoom call early enough. What a stunner Emira is! I was worried it might look too much like Evora but oh boy - what a beauty! Now let's hope the dynamics don't disappoint and I'm honestly looking forward to a Lotus that is a bit more usable while still maintaining (most of the) the thrill.

Also, what a nice and down to earth event. Could you imagine P.... hosting such a nice and personal, friendly show for the release of a new car in Weissach? This reminded me why I stick with Lotus!

• Like 1