free hit
counters
Lotus Emira Superfans - Get involved with the LIVE Emira launch on the 6th July! - Page 9 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Lotus Emira Superfans - Get involved with the LIVE Emira launch on the 6th July!

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
2 hours ago, ramjet said:

If it is any consolation, I know the superfan thing was to be able to let us participate, I just wish that some people had either muted their mics sometimes or turned them down.

I understand being excited, just really wanted to hear the designers etc as well.

Anyway, we have seen it now. Let the games begin. :) 

I ended up leaving it before the actual reveal due to the constant drivel. Failed to find a 'mute all' so watched it on YouTube. Shame as the idea was really good

• Like 1

I think Eddie King was the DJ (sound mixer).

I participated to the end and then re-watched it on youtube to hear what people were saying and the sound of the engines.

• Haha 1

I did try asking people to keep it down, but it didn't last.

• Like 2

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

No problems Eddie, it was all part of being a super fan at the event. It is one of the vagaries of Zoom meetings. We were able to watch a clean version after the event. @a7esk were you working the sound desk for the event?

• Haha 1

Was the 100 person maximum a Zoom thing?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Zoom has a 100 limit as standard but you can buy an add on to allow up to 1,000 attendees. I would expect Lotus did this? I'm not sure how the add on is configured as I have never had to do it, hopefully it wasn't an oversight especially as some of the super fans had no video and audio was muted (they should really have just watched the live stream.).

@C8RKH couldn't get on due to the 100 person limit and watched the official Lotus livestream.

I couldn't at first and then tried again and got on.

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, mg4lotus said:

No problems Eddie, it was all part of being a super fan at the event. It is one of the vagaries of Zoom meetings. We were able to watch a clean version after the event. @a7esk were you working the sound desk for the event?

No was coming from my radio studio using my Mevo cam

15 hours ago, mg4lotus said:

I think Eddie King was the DJ (sound mixer).

I participated to the end and then re-watched it on youtube to hear what people were saying and the sound of the engines.

They only needed to ask lol 😂 

• Gold FFM

Mind you be great when I can use the equipment outside I’m live just before the game Time Tunnel Show 4 yers in 2 hours www.duggystoneradio.com 6pm Bibs hope you don’t mind me adding my station link .

I really enjoyed the Superfan Zoom call but had to leave after the unboxing. Watched it again on YouTube without the interruptions. It's just a pity that the MC did not mute all the mics until he wanted some cheering etc.

Cant wait to see this car in person.

I had fun, too.

More so once I overcame the initial frustration of not being able to hear most of the speeches and sound because of some of the "other" superfans. 🙂 It all eased when I realised  that I can watch the whole thing at some point and that I was just enjoying it differently as it was happenning

Have to admit I felt a bit cold at first realising that we were going to act as marketing stunts, but I have just realised I was on screen (and on Harry's Garage video, nonetheless) just behind Matt Windle when he was doing his opening speech and have to confess that I smiled.

All in all I think it was a good idea and happy to be part of it. Thanks to Bibs and those at Lotus who came up with the idea for this. 👍

42 minutes ago, Arregueti said:

I had fun, too.

More so once I overcame the initial frustration of not being able to hear most of the speeches and sound because of some of the "other" superfans. 🙂 It all eased when I realised  that I can watch the whole thing at some point and that I was just enjoying it differently as it was happenning

Have to admit I felt a bit cold at first realising that we were going to act as marketing stunts, but I have just realised I was on screen (and on Harry's Garage video, nonetheless) just behind Matt Windle when he was doing his opening speech and have to confess that I smiled.

All in all I think it was a good idea and happy to be part of it. Thanks to Bibs and those at Lotus who came up with the idea for this. 👍

I agree entirely.  I was very excited to be one of the 131 and knew I could watch the live stream again afterwards if I needed to.  I was following the livestreams on Facebook and Youtube with captions on and sound off.  Also reading the comments from others who were viewing, which was both hilarious and frustrating!

Four people messaged me afterwards to say they'd seen me on the screen behind the presenters, so my brief few minutes of fame.  Thanks Bibs for organising.  Excited to see the cars at Goodwood tomorrow (and Lotus friends) and at the dealer tours later in the year.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, a7esk said:

Thank you I can see myself probably now .

It's nice to be part of Lotus history. I'm in the upper right. 👍

• Like 2

Is there an upside down photo? That might be me. Red S4 in the background.