free hit
counters
Lotus Emira Superfans - Get involved with the LIVE Emira launch on the 6th July! - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Lotus Emira Superfans - Get involved with the LIVE Emira launch on the 6th July!

Bibs

• Bibs changed the title to Lotus Emira Superfans - Get involved with the LIVE Emira launch on the 6th July!
  • Bibs pinned this topic

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Well I'd like to, but I would sooner leave a spot to someone that either has a deposit in, is likely to put a deposit in, or is someone that is staying with the marque.

First person looked at my S4 today so it may be gone shortly. Who knows?

ps. It's at 4:30 in the morning for crying out loud.

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

@ramjetjust get up at 4.15 stick the kettle on, and watch the show; you never know you might put a deposit down on a Lotus even if not the Emira.

it is after all just a time on a 24hour clock

• Like 1

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

Won't happen to be honest. The deposit anyway.

Since my stroke, my eyes can't keep up with how fast my S4 can corner.

I'll have a think about getting up for the event.

• Like 2

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

15 minutes ago, jimichanga said:

How can anyone be a superfan of something they have never seen or know very little about?

Well, if talking about the potential car a lot and about what you think it will be like, or need to do is any indication, you probably qualified yourself on some of the other topics.

Or are you just trickin'??? :D 

• Like 1

Certainly a lot more hype and talk of orders placed than I can remember from before the Evora launch. Biggest frenzy for a Lotus I can remember is the M250 but that was after the reveal.

Timing is good for Lotus now that 718 Cayman is getting on a bit plus getting in before Cayman GT4 RS. Starting with V6 Emira should help them avoid 718 4cyl downsizing controversy too. Supra didn’t do much and Alpine novelty has also worn off. Looks like launching into some clear air which should help a lot. Lotus need a Yaris GR perfect storm moment, could this be it?

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Form, completed.

I thought the Supra would do well. Such a sought after car back in the day. NSX failed relatively too.

We can expect Emira furore to die out by the end of the year unless Lotus keep pushing the marketing.  They will need to if they wish to sell thousands.

• Like 1

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

NSX was a massive flop in the UK, even the lauded original sold in single digits for most of its life too. Never seen one of the new ones outside a car show. Ferrari price Honda badge never worked for UK buyers. Most would say same thing applied to Evora at Porsche money. Over to you Emira!

• Like 1

Back on topic. 

This is now half full, still places left after a few of our members from the USA have signed up for it which is ace. Please do put your name down on the form if you'd like to be a participant, I'll be putting it on our social channels later but wanted to offer it to our active members first.

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

What exactly does it involve @Bibs ? Is it virtually attending through something like Zoom ?

• Like 2

Long time Lotus admirer, recent owner

Yup.

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM
21 hours ago, jimichanga said:

How can anyone be a superfan of something they have never seen or know very little about?

Er, I think they are looking for LOTUS superfans who are enthusiastic about the Emira.  Not hard to imagine that is what they are looking for is it?

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

Maybe they should call it the Lotus Bieber, or Lotus Kardashian.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

This is now on our social media so sign up quick if you want to be involved! Spaces won't last for long! 

• Like 1

Evora NA

1 hour ago, Mark Williams1 said:

Having placed a deposit on a Emira, I thought it was about time I signed up to TLF even though I may currently be seen as a imposter ;) . I have also just signed up for the launch event. Looking forward to seeing the car during this online event and at Goodwood FoS.

Welcome to TLF Mark.  An Emira deposit means you're very much NOT an imposter!  The A110 is also a cracking car, comes from a similar design philosophy to Lotus.  And yours is in the right colour ;) 

There will be a lot of TLFers at Goodwood so you'll bump into a few at the Lotus stand.

• Like 1

@Mark Williams1, welcome and congratulations on getting a deposit down! :)

• Like 1

Evora NA

• Bibs unpinned this topic