free hit
counters
Nearly bought a Exige today but now undecided on which one - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Nearly bought a Exige today but now undecided on which one

GT Two

I nearly put a deposit on a Sport 380 today, I was all set to do it however watching some videos on the cars I found some comments about heat soak. This got me looking at solutions and considering what else I would spend on the car once I bought it.

Exige 380 Sport £57k ish

If I added a some other bits over time.

Exhaust so I can track the car £1500

Induction £500+

Pulley? £?

Intercooler £?

Potentially a larger wing £1500?

I have spent north of £5k fairly easily, am I better off going for the 410?

The answer is probably where do you stop? I will only do 4-5 track days per year so the remainder of the driving is on B roads.

Any thoughts that will help my decision making process?

Thanks!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

About a month ago I nearly bought a 380 sport too, same price, could be the same car. I did some more last minute research and decided to go for a 410. I don't do track days, but my reasons being I wanted the charge cooler, uprated clutch, 3 way Nitron suspension, plus I love the 410 carbon fibre engine cover panel, and a few other little things like J hook brakes and Cup2 tyres which stick like bubble gum. I think the 410 is the sweet spot.

• Like 1

@GT Two You could always wait to see how the Emira looks and weighs up against the Exige?

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

It's very easy to go down the rabbit hole of looking to find the perfect car. In reality, it's just down to budget. I've "only" got a V6S but I've loved modifying it over the time I've owned it... part of the fun for me. Manufacturers are always held back by rules and regs, so I always prefer aftermarket for components as I never believe a manufacturer's OEM stuff is quite as good as what's being engineered by independent companies that have a true passion to create exciting products. A 380 with various upgrades from Komo-tec etc would be a much more fun route than buying a 410 and keeping it standard, but it just depends on what floats your boat.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WayneG said:

A 380 with various upgrades from Komo-tec etc would be a much more fun route than buying a 410 and keeping it standard, but it just depends on what floats your boat.

+ 1

• Like 1