free hit
counters
Which version of PS4S on 18/19? - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Which version of PS4S on 18/19?

I thought all tyre questions were covered, definitely related to Michelin Pilot Sport tyres, but it seems like this particular one isn't :)

I intend to stay on the original 18/19" sport wheels for road use and plan A is to go for PS4S in standard dimensions (Noise, fuel, feeling).

For front 225/40-18 I believe there are no options, but for rear 255/35-19 there seems to be a few different versions, minimum 5. For 19/20 I think XL on the rear was the only recommendation from Lotus. But new versions keep being launched. So, do anyone have any clue on which tyre marking, besides XL that is the best option?

Plan B is to keep the Yoko Advan 105's front and buy a new set for the rear. There is plenty left on the front ones, but I understand that PS4S are a step up in everyday's driving

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Unless you have something different from a standard front PS4S, go for the standard rear PS4S XL. 

No (MO, MO, A0, *, NO) or else marking. Unless somebody on here tested it and approves the car balance and handling. 

• Like 1

I had a full set put on by the Tyres on the Drive lot just over a week ago. All I can suggest is to keep trying the sites they seem to drop in randomly, I guess as shipments come in. I watched various sites for about a month till that bunch and them.

• Thanks 1

Well, I had my PS4S's fitted today c/w new TPMS sensors, which clicked in within 3 miles.  I would be interested to hear people's recommendations for tyre pressures,  bearing in mind that I'm not a track day fiend, but more of a spirited B road maniac.  All opinions welcome.

(Well done England btw)

• Gold FFM

I have 32 fronts and 34 rears but noticed in hot days the pressure on rear right has crept to 36 but others stayed sane? 
I am not sure these pressures are correct as read on here slightly lower pressures are ok for Michelin’s ? 
I am a road user only btw 

I’m pretty happy with the lotus recommended pressures:

performance: 30psi front 33 psi rear 

economy: 33psi front 36 psi rear

on the track run the performance pressures but when hot. 

I usually keep the car in the economy setting and only lower the pressures if I’m going out on just a fun drive rather get milk from the shop.  

• 2 weeks later...

Can anybody clarify what FSL stands for in the description of the Pilot Sport 4S?

MICHELIN PILOT SPORT 4S FSL EL

I am trying to follow Rallysax's advice and go for the standard (ie. not branded) XL tyre, but I am not sure if this is the one.

Thanks in advance.

• Gold FFM

from https://www.mytyres.co.uk/tyre-glossary.html#14949

FSL: Flange shield

The flange shield is a rubber bead on the outer edge of the tyre. This flange is intended to stop the rim getting scratched on the kerb while parking for example,
The following codes are also used by tyre manufacturers:

• MFS: With rim protector
  • MFSL: With flange shield
  • RPB: Rim protection bar
  • FP: Fringe protector
  • FR: Tyre rib
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1